The Old Folks Home

Mannnnnn when I read that it brought back the "good old days" when I was spending about that per month, and with 4 kids. My mind was screaming "how can that be so"?! Then saw you meant per week... I just shop for me now and seems like I can't get out the doors at wally world, without spending that per week.
Yeah... we eat out a lot and buy frozen meals a lot. I don't get home until 6-7 most days and Zach is funny about thinking that dinner is at 5-6 no matter what is going on.... Me, I don't eat dinner until I am done for the day... I hate having to get moving again after dinner... If that means I eat lunch at 12 and don't eat dinner until 11pm because I'm putting up hay... well, that's what happens.... so, Zach does most of the cooking because he doesn't want to wait for me to get home and then cook because dinner at 8pm would be the end of the world...

:yuckyuck

Your place sounds like an adventure!

Do you get seasick from the waterbed waves?

It is every day! Lol
No but it did take some getting used to. Dh needs the heat for his back.
He can't sleep on a mattress. We had to buy 8" memory foam for the bed in the RV so we can sleep on it. Lol

Marvin's brought the cabinets they were in boxes. I had him on them so I could inspect them. The sink base is good. But I sent the 24" back it had a deep gouge in the front.
Here is the base and counter top the sink is on the box behind.
IMG_20180307_104047443.jpg

The sink is stainless.
The flooring is oak.
IMG_20180307_104112037.jpg

It is every day! Lol
No but it did take some getting used to. Dh needs the heat for his back.
He can't sleep on a mattress. We had to buy 8" memory foam for the bed in the RV so we can sleep on it. Lol

Marvin's brought the cabinets they were in boxes. I had him on them so I could inspect them. The sink base is good. But I sent the 24" back it had a deep gouge in the front.
Here is the base and counter top the sink is on the box behind.
View attachment 1286931
The sink is stainless.
The flooring is oak.
View attachment 1286933
Eventually you will have great cabinets!
I am sorry you had to send one back again

Beautiful cabinets, Chicka. I love the color. Similar to mine in hickory. My counter top is similar done in green also as is my island. I love that color.

What is wrong with people anyway trying to sell damaged merchandise at regular prices I would always make sure to tell a patient who was looking at a frame if it was out of stock or discontinued style or even if it had a slight defect in the quality and give them a discount on it. If a person is spending three to four hundred dollars on a frame, they danged well better be getting what they are paying for in quality. I would always explain to them what they were getting, what the material was, how durable it was.

A company is only as good as the merchandise they sell.

Thanks Micro.
I was also one to let people know if there was a problem. I did take the base even though there is a small crack in the top back corner. It will be covered by the counter top. I did call dh to ask him first he said ok.

I've been looking for kitchen curtains or fabric toake some and so far ziltch.
I did find some pretty fabric at Missouri Star quilt comp. But that would have been 80. Plus shipping!
So I will keep looking.lol

She would send me to the local store on my bike to buy milk and bread. She would give me 75 cents. I can still remember the milk and loaf of bread costing 69 cents. She would let me keep the change. 6 cents back in the early 60s was big money!

Too funny! My mom would do the same! I remember carrying the gallon of milk with the handlebar through the carry handle of the milk. And holding below that to keep it from slipping off. She'd also give money for us kids to buy her and dad smokes. 25 cents a pack. When they passed laws that kids couldn't buy smokes my folks were pissed! I remember when I started smoking and would buy packs of my own ~32 cents.

My parents always told us kids if you want to do something, then do it at home and if you can do that, then you can do it anywhere. They said if we wanted to smoke, we should do it at home. I remember the first time I smoked in the house and my siblings were freaked out. I think I was maybe 14... When my folks got home they were madder than hell but when I quoted their premise back to them, there wasn't much they could do or say. They did ban me from smoking at home though. Didn't stop me from smoking.

Back
Top Bottom