The Old Folks Home

Sounds perfect for an engineering Tech!

I wear shorts and a polo shirt to work most of the time and I am an information systems analyst...Whatever that is!

Jeans or slacks a t-shirt should be great enjoy
Thanks. I'll see what I can find at the store. I'm going to go with Jeans and a T-shirt or polo (also comfie shirt) unless someone else chimes in here and thinks that's an awful idea... lol

I'd go with what I used as office wear, Cargo pants and a nice cotton T either long or short sleeved. I could top it all off with a nice sweater or jacket. I could also go with a lab coat if the mood hit me.

Just came back from the store. Bananas up to .69 a pound from 49 and 59. Milk at 2.28 for whole 3.19 for skim. 75 cents just doesn't get you very far these days although I did get a package of hamburger buns for free using store points. Still the grocery bill was another 98 dollars and the groceries took me 15 minutes to put away.

Stood at the check out and talked to the manager who was checking. Can't get anyone to work or who wants to work.

Pretty discouraging to think that our generation, the baby boomers, are known for our work ethics and we are all retiring.

Be afraid....be very afraid.

Thanks Penny. I found some rugs and fabric. Been at all day. lol
Rugs
View attachment 1287268
Curtain fabric
View attachment 1287269
It's 54" wide so I got 4 yards.
What do you think of them together?

looks good (but then I am not good at that sort of stuff :oops:)

Thanks. I'll see what I can find at the store. I'm going to go with Jeans and a T-shirt or polo (also comfie shirt) unless someone else chimes in here and thinks that's an awful idea... lol

Carhartts Awesome pants.

But yeah... Jeans and a Polo sound good. A collar always makes you look more professional. :confused:

Stood at the check out and talked to the manager who was checking. Can't get anyone to work or who wants to work.

big problem here too.

Showing up on time... kids don't wanna.

let me look when we go into town the next few days How big is the windows?

I think they go great but would put the rug in the dining room to pull the rooms together

The rugs are 2'x3'

I bought two of the rugs. I still need some curtains or valances for the dining room.
I have not found anything I like for those windows yet. There are 4 on 2 walls and they are huge they take up the whole walls.

Last edited:
The rugs are 2'x3'
I bought two of the rugs. I still need some curtains or valances for the dining room.
I have not found anything I like for those windows yet. There are 4 on 2 walls and they are huge they take up the whole walls.

Pick your favorite color from the rug use that for windows in the dining area
find a deep green or burgundy rug for the kitchen spills or drips do not stain them

Just came back from the store.
100 years ago today ad in the paper,
Molasses .17 qt, toilet paper 6 rolls .25,
Codfish .15 lb, large can pumpkin .15,
Bar soap .05, 10lbs cooking onions .25, Spanish onions .04 lb,
Kerosene oil .13 a gallon.
Wow you could buy kerosene at a grocery store lol.
This was during war times so food prices high, rationing, only supposed to use meats certain days, wheat flour was not allowed.
Was a article they voted to raise school teacher salary grade school up $125 yr high school $100yr, so they were raised up to $625 and $750 a yr.

100 years ago today ad in the paper,
Molasses .17 qt, toilet paper 6 rolls .25,
Codfish .15 lb, large can pumpkin .15,
Bar soap .05, 10lbs cooking onions .25, Spanish onions .04 lb,
Kerosene oil .13 a gallon.
Wow you could buy kerosene at a grocery store lol.
This was during war times so food prices high, rationing, only supposed to use meats certain days, wheat flour was not allowed.
Was a article they voted to raise school teacher salary grade school up $125 yr high school $100yr, so they were raised up to $625 and $750 a yr.
:th

Back
Top Bottom