The Old Folks Home

Both parts are so true!

:lau

Moose are the same way. They like to stand motionless in the ditch next to the road until you are right next to them... then they jump into the road.
Thrill seekers! Last time we were up there, we came *this close* to hitting a black bear somewhere between Ninilchik and Homer. It came flying out of the ditch on the other side of the road, right in front of us. When we got to Homer, we looked for hair in the bumper. I don’t know how we missed it.

Good Morning, Folks!
It’s a brisk one today.

@microchick - sorry for your loss. Those furry friends of ours can sure find their way into our hearts.

I think the deer here like to try to see how high I can jump. They stand still, just off the path to the greenhouse, and then, when I walk just a few feet away, they snort loudly and take off through the trees.

Yep, the ol' heart gets a workout.

Our thermometer got broken in the hurricane, otherwise, it would have had a workout lately.
Sunday at this time, it was 60°
Monday, it was 26°, and it maxed out at a balmy 36°.
During the overnight, the mercury dipped to 19°, but the daytime high Tuesday rocketed to 41°.
The temperature wasn't supposed to get below freezing last night, but it did - at midnight, it was 29°. It moderated a bit; at 5:00 a.m, it was 34°. then by 6:00, it was 54°, and we are heading for a high of 62°. The muddy ground around the barn is still frozen; when the breeze blows from that direction, it is like standing neer the doorway of a walk-in cooler.

That is a crazy roller coaster ride!
Sounds just like our weather in VA. So tired of frozen waterers.

@microchick :hugs sad to hear you lost your guy, you can not prepare yourself, they are family

images
Snow looks to be stopping here but frigid temps are heading in and look like they will be staying for quite a while.

Last edited:
I think the deer here like to try to see how high I can jump. They stand still, just off the path to the greenhouse, and then, when I walk just a few feet away, they snort loudly and take off through the trees.

Yep, the ol' heart gets a workout.

Our thermometer got broken in the hurricane, otherwise, it would have had a workout lately.
Sunday at this time, it was 60°
Monday, it was 26°, and it maxed out at a balmy 36°.
During the overnight, the mercury dipped to 19°, but the daytime high Tuesday rocketed to 41°.
The temperature wasn't supposed to get below freezing last night, but it did - at midnight, it was 29°. It moderated a bit; at 5:00 a.m, it was 34°. then by 6:00, it was 54°, and we are heading for a high of 62°. The muddy ground around the barn is still frozen; when the breeze blows from that direction, it is like standing neer the doorway of a walk-in cooler.

That is a crazy roller coaster ride!
I was thinking yoyo. Sheesh to your weather!

Back
Top Bottom