The Old Folks Home

Got everything i wanted to get done today done. That never happens.

Cleaned the house, mailed a quilt, got background fabric for my next 2 quilts, made bread, got my America quilt on the frame and then quiled and then bound (in the wash now), chores done including filling all the feeders for the storm coming, walked the dog (only a half mile I'm still sick) and got Laundry Mountain tackled.
IMG_20190128_184945403.jpg
IMG_20190128_184910446.jpg

Got everything i wanted to get done today done. That never happens.

Cleaned the house, mailed a quilt, got background fabric for my next 2 quilts, made bread, got my America quilt on the frame and then quiled and then bound (in the wash now), chores done including filling all the feeders for the storm coming, walked the dog (only a half mile I'm still sick) and got Laundry Mountain tackled.
View attachment 1656432 View attachment 1656433

Just beautiful again

The toilet story is hilarious.
BF once stopped to help someone at the sand pit who couldn't get his truck restarted, but had jumper cables. BF popped the hood on his truck, they fiddled around with it for a bit, and couldn't get the other vehicle started. I was in the passenger seat. After what seemed like too long, I started paying attention to the going ons, jumped out of the truck, said some not nice words and told them how to jump a vehicle. Neither wanted to listen to me.
I used to drive an old pickup truck that I'd have to jump multiple times a month. I still have cables in my car, and I know how to use them.
Finally they listened, and it worked. Imagine that.

I'm also capable of push/roll starting my (manual transmission) car. Have had to do that a number of times, as well.

I also drive him nuts when I listen to CarTalk reruns on NPR.
Jeff Foxworthy, (sure he uses it for anywhere that is cold lol) "You know your from upstate NY; You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend/wife knows how to use them." :lol:
FB_IMG_1548733172645.jpg

I've never done this before, but will if I encounter the situation now, I have just tipped the battery upside down and mated up posts to jump when I have no cables, always close my eyes and look away for safety :cool:
while they are "supposed to connect the negative cable first on the frame and then carefully attach the positive cable..." JUST TURN THE KEY OVER! lol

"It's not stupid if it works." What is it if it blows up in your face, as it did to a neighbor of mine a couple of years ago?:oops:

Just got home from watching BB2K's school's Theater II and Theater III classes' performances. The Theater III kids were great; energetic, enthusiastic, and funny. The other group? Well, as BB2K said, some of them were "phoning it in," and it killed the energy of the whole piece. Pity; there were some good lines, but even with a house packed with family members, nobody laughed. At least they all remembered their lines.:idunno

Maybe I've gotten spoiled. The Theater IV kids took two pieces (An Experiment and The Never Before Seen Pilot Episode of Dipsy the Dinosaur) to a competition recently, and won 6 of the 8 awards (Best Male Lead [Experiment], Best Female Lead [Experiment], Best Supporting Female [Dipsy], Best Supporting Male[Dipsy], Best Ensemble [Dipsy], I forget what else - I think it was costume design[Dipsy]?). Considering they missed over a month of classes due to the hurricane (Experiment was actually written during the hurricane), what they did is amazing. This theater program has a lot to be proud of, and I have frequently been very impressed with what these kids have done. I just hope that whoever stays in Theater II next semester gets inspired to put some effort into it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom