The Old Folks Home

"It's not stupid if it works." What is it if it blows up in your face, as it did to a neighbor of mine a couple of years ago?:oops:
Yup, why I said I close my eyes and look the other way, lol. I've seen it happen twice. Once my dad in the stone quarry starting their table saw by arking a starter battery exploded in his face luckily his arm was in the way so it didn't get in his eyes. Another time was I was dumb and had a old truck, '84, that overcharged batteries (didn't know anything about working on vehicles back then) just started with good battery or just pop started it ( manual transmission so pop started it mainly) just kept a old bad battery in it to keep the cables from touching anything. One day it went off like a stick of dynamite, no biggie, but I'll have to say battery acid covering your engine compartment isn't good.
I've been without jumper cables many times, touching batteries upside down works (I don't recommend it) done it many times, leave your truck running and help someone out.
Just remembering helping out some cityit, reading from google, how to jump, 'just turn your key over before I loose my eyes'....
I help out anyone broke down, and pick up hitchhikers, shouldn't but I do.

Funniest hitchhiker ive picked up, 80+ yr old man. Freaking hot out that day, 90* and he was walking in sweat pants. DW didn't let me pick him up when we drove by but told me I had to go back.
I had to give him a ride, he was walking to his girlfriend's and wanted to get 'laid' ...
OK, wow, holy crap, OK, ... I Delivered him... :lau

Youngest grand woke up at 3 am in full go go go mode. She and Dh stayed up all night. Dh works nights, and was off, so he was thrilled to have her company. She climbed into her bed about an hour and a half ago. Dh waited to make sure she was not getting back up, then said his bed was calling, so he went to bed too. I'm suppose to be babysitting, while Dd is in class. I'm getting a welcomed break.

Back
Top Bottom