The Old Folks Home

Only if he went blind. It is right above the great room where we spend most of our time.

But men are blind... so perfect! :clap

Do it when he isn't home ;)

That works too. If he DOES ever notice, say "but hasn't it always been there?"

And then run into, no visible battery , just charging/jumping posts?, battery is in the fender well in front of front tire ...

THAT I have never seen and I have jumped a bunch of cars. Odd!

Well.. I actually raised my voice at the kids... :rolleyes: and :smack to me.

Kid 3 had parked his 4 wheeler off of the parking area but straight shot behind my car. With all of the snow I had to gun the car to get it out and was worried I would shoot over the parking area and hit it. And my car, though started up for me was NOT fully cleared of snow.. ...

Anyway... I finally managed to get out of there, and kid 3 made sure I got down the drive (following me on the snow machine). Turns out he then turned on the plow truck, used it to jump the 4-wheeler, reparked the plow truck and then plowed the half mile of driveway and the parking lot with the 4 wheeler (he is just 15 and has no license, we don't yet let him plow with the plow truck... it is a beast and costs over a hundred bucks to tow it out when you stick it in the ditches that line the driveway). He got all of that done in 2 hours so he could be ready for pick up by the grandparents. He must have been flying.

And guess what... he also took the time to move his "toys." All of his toys are now parked FAR away from my car and parking spot... and I am no longer mad. :lau

Oh... I had to zoom off because kid 2 had to make it 2 hours up the road to his board of review to make Eagle Scout. The review board said he was 1 of the best Eagle scout kids they had ever seen.

Kid 3 had parked his 4 wheeler off of the parking area but straight shot behind my car. With all of the snow I had to gun the car to get it out and was worried I would shoot over the parking area and hit it. And my car, though started up for me was NOT fully cleared of snow.. ...

Anyway... I finally managed to get out of there, and kid 3 made sure I got down the drive (following me on the snow machine). Turns out he then turned on the plow truck, used it to jump the 4-wheeler, reparked the plow truck and then plowed the half mile of driveway and the parking lot with the 4 wheeler (he is just 15 and has no license, we don't yet let him plow with the plow truck... it is a beast and costs over a hundred bucks to tow it out when you stick it in the ditches that line the driveway). He got all of that done in 2 hours so he could be ready for pick up by the grandparents. He must have been flying.

And guess what... he also took the time to move his "toys." All of his toys are now parked FAR away from my car and parking spot... and I am no longer mad. :lau

Oh... I had to zoom off because kid 2 had to make it 2 hours up the road to his board of review to make Eagle Scout. The review board said he was 1 of the best Eagle scout kids they had ever seen.
Eagle Scout! That's great! I can tell..good kids. They know how to make you ...unmad. :).

Be sure he puts Eagle Scout on any, and every job application, when he begins joining the work force. It makes a difference.

I learned to drive on a stick shift. Mom had a Volkswagen. My dad had an F100. A little later I got a Fiat. Growing up, all my guy friends raced, and taught me. I prefer a stick, especially in a truck. Yes, I can coast downhill, pop the clutch, and start a car. The starter went out on my mother's Volkswagen. We traded cars until her mechanic could get her worked into his schedule, and get it fixed. Our driveway had enough incline I could get it started, then I always had a friend, or two with me, so we could push it fast enough to pop it off, or I could always get someone to push it with their car, and pop it off. Good times!

AND, of course touch the cables , ark them once and make sparks , .. for fun? Make sure good connection? IDK? but have to make some sparks )
And then run into, no visible battery , just charging/jumping posts?, battery is in the fender well in front of front tire ...
Uh, no I have never used that method to check for a good connection! The battery in the Prius is basically behind the right rear wheel. There is a fuse box under the hood on the driver's side with a positive jump post and a specified bolt on the opposite side of the engine compartment for the negative connector. You can jump a Prius but presumably can't use it to jump another vehicle. Probably something to do with how the 12V gets charged.

Related to something other than the story that followed? Or because the 4 wheeler was too close behind your car? In any case, I'd say the kid did good!

Be sure he puts Eagle Scout on any, and every job application, when he begins joining the work force. It makes a difference.

I learned to drive on a stick shift. Mom had a Volkswagen. My dad had an F100. A little later I got a Fiat. Growing up, all my guy friends raced, and taught me. I prefer a stick, especially in a truck. Yes, I can coast downhill, pop the clutch, and start a car. The starter went out on my mother's Volkswagen. We traded cars until her mechanic could get her worked into his schedule, and get it fixed. Our driveway had enough incline I could get it started, then I always had a friend, or two with me, so we could push it fast enough to pop it off, or I could always get someone to push it with their car, and pop it off. Good times!
:thumbsup i learned on a pickup too, when we went out on the reservation to pick up lighter knots for fireplace i got to move the truck up, sometimes i even got to put it into second gear lol 3 on the column, good practice for when husband to be came along and had a four speed on the floor chevy two nova:love

Back
Top Bottom