The Old Folks Home

Had 4 ibuprofen for breakfast, followed by 2 large carrots, several stalks of celery and a little ranch dressing for dipping, and a banana. Of course my big mug of tea, which I'm still nursing along. Getting ready fort SB LIII. Animal chores in another hour or so. Doc appt tomorrow at the VA so need to get a really early start. So not looking fwd to that.

Weather's gonna be wet for the next week or so. Sucks because I need to restock all feeds (desperately); hay, goat pellets, chicken feed, dog food, none of which will do well being transported in a wet truck bed. On the ragged edge right now and will have to get dog food and at least 1 bag of goat pellets on the way home from the VA tomorrow, to get through Tuesday, or they don't get fed tomorrow evening/Tuesday morning. Big pellet order I'm supposed to pick up on Tuesday and will need to get hay then as well, as I'll be out. :(

House temp internal @69°, turned heat off and will leave it off. Tonight's low supposed to be low 60s with highs tomorrow in mid 70s with some sun. Have the 2 windows behind/beside me open and the window by my recliner opened. Says it's 65° outside right now. All I know for sure is it feels warm and damp.

Got a surprise warm day 45.7F - I even did two loads of laundry that was sitting until I felt it was warm enough, so I wouldn't get static zapped taking them out of the dryer.
They seem to have a billion tiny white lint something on them. I checked and checked
before hand that all Kleenex in pockets were disposed of properly. And yet......

I got the scrubber, and scrubbed the heck out of our floors. They've been needing it so bad. I didn't used to mind doing it. It was easy, since there wasn't much ground in, or sticky stuff on the floors. I could do it every other week, vacuum every other day (most of the time), and my floors looked great. With Dd, and the grands living here, there are already spots where they've spilled iced tea in the kitchen, and it hasn't been a full day. I didn't use all the cleaner, so I'll do a touch up tonight, or in the morning. In 2 days, you will never know I spent all day scrubbing. I'm about to abolish stickers from the items the kids are allowed to have. They seem to get a lot of them, and they always end up stuck to the floors.

Tomorrow night I go to my cookie class. I'll try to remember to take, and post pictures. I'm pretty excited about it.

I got the scrubber, and scrubbed the heck out of our floors. They've been needing it so bad. I didn't used to mind doing it. It was easy, since there wasn't much ground in, or sticky stuff on the floors. I could do it every other week, vacuum every other day (most of the time), and my floors looked great. With Dd, and the grands living here, there are already spots where they've spilled iced tea in the kitchen, and it hasn't been a full day. I didn't use all the cleaner, so I'll do a touch up tonight, or in the morning. In 2 days, you will never know I spent all day scrubbing. I'm about to abolish stickers from the items the kids are allowed to have. They seem to get a lot of them, and they always end up stuck to the floors.

Tomorrow night I go to my cookie class. I'll try to remember to take, and post pictures. I'm pretty excited about it.
Cookie class sounds great...

Scrubbing floors sounds horrid.

Dh's keyboard went out, so he's researching on getting a new one. He's torn, and driving me crazy. A couple years ago, I bought a Ducky Shine5 Mechanical Keyboard. Membrane keyboards just don't last long for me. It has to do with some of the games I play, and the constant use of certain keys. I LOVE my Ducky. All the led lights that make such a beautiful display for normal use, and I have custom light settings for my games. Yes, it was expensive, but it has lasted me 2 years, and I was lucky to get 6 months out of a regular $60.00 keyboard.

He claims he doesn't like my keyboard. He hates the "feel" of pressing the keys on mine. He also hates the led lit key display. So why even look at one, if he hates them? Here's the problem. The same old keyboard he really likes, has gone down from about $60.00, to less than $20.00. He doesn't consider it a bargain. He considers it buying something cheap, and outdated. He wants something good, and more modern, but hates that the led lighting is part of the updating on the new ones. Ok, get one that the lighting can be turned off, but if you're never going to use the lighting, why not just get one without it, and save the money? Then he's back to cheap, and outdated. I'm just going to stay out of it, and let him decide.

Back
Top Bottom