The Old Folks Home

"And now for something completely different...."

Just got back from my annual trek to Las Vegas to take classes at the Glass Craft & Bead Expo. Had a full day of making glass animals, which was great fun...especially since the instructor was a Monty Python fan and ready with the quotes. Really one of the best classes I've taken there and the instruction was stellar (although my skills weren't so much due to lack of practice.)
Attached are a couple of the day's many creations. I was whipping out hummingbirds like crazy!
IMG_2101.JPG IMG_2103.JPG IMG_2106.JPG

Alas, my Angelfish was not so cooperative and fell off the punty and into my lap -- 950-degree molten glass mayhem (luckily I wear a suede apron) -- and bounced onto the floor a minimum of three times and it shows...I salvaged it, but it looked like a special needs specimen in comparison to the instructor's model. It'll reside on the shelf next to my one attempt at glass blowing as a reminder that maybe I just shouldn't.

Sadly, I didn't make any glass animal chickens (yet).

"And now for something completely different...."

Just got back from my annual trek to Las Vegas to take classes at the Glass Craft & Bead Expo. Had a full day of making glass animals, which was great fun...especially since the instructor was a Monty Python fan and ready with the quotes. Really one of the best classes I've taken there and the instruction was stellar (although my skills weren't so much due to lack of practice.)
Attached are a couple of the day's many creations. I was whipping out hummingbirds like crazy!
View attachment 1731193 View attachment 1731194 View attachment 1731195

Alas, my Angelfish was not so cooperative and fell off the punty and into my lap -- 950-degree molten glass mayhem (luckily I wear a suede apron) -- and bounced onto the floor a minimum of three times and it shows...I salvaged it, but it looked like a special needs specimen in comparison to the instructor's model. It'll reside on the shelf next to my one attempt at glass blowing as a reminder that maybe I just shouldn't.

Sadly, I didn't make any glass animal chickens (yet).
That sounds like a good time!

I will be looking forward to some glass animals in the future

Do the wool ones cause more static electricity when taking out of dryer? I really got zotzed trying to remove flannel sheets from the dryer. I decided to let them sit in the dryer till they decided to behave.:oops:
The woolzies remove static electricity from the dryer and help the clothes dry better- softer and faster.

Back
Top Bottom