The Old Folks Home

Yes, she left us to get more "likes." miss her stories but not enough to go to Facebook.

Geta how are her dogs doing, I really miss Lacey - can't remember the blue ones name.

Her dogs are doing great! Their latest project has been building their workshop. It's huge. She got a lot of lambs this year too. They're so dang cute.

Red sky at morning, sailors take warning.
Red sky at night, sailors delight.
I wonder if that is the same on Land?

Here during our fire season, we have red skies all the time...and the light goes weirdly amber

Just got home from the vet. All are healthy, no heavy worm loads. Heaviest is 17 pounds, lightest 12.1. Wormed and first shots done and recorded. No market for cattle dogs in our area. Pretty saturated with them. We told them no problems. We have decided to keep them all. They have already bonded with us and are doing great. Their joy whenever we enter the utility room is contagious and their little personalities are coming out. The little female Sid is a doll. Very sweet and laid back. Ben is a clown as is Ox. Diesel is a little trouble maker and loves to play rough and Varn is natured a lot like his sister.

We are so glad we took them in and the vet agreed that the next step for them would have been a bullet in the head and a toss in a ravine.

Sometimes I really hate the Amish. We had a patient who was into rescue and she was the first that told us about the Amish puppy mills and how inhumane they were. I read about them in a documentary book that I bought about the Amish. They will take all their dogs out and shoot them if they get wind that the inspectors are coming through and they may face fines.

I respect their devotion and sense of community but when it comes to animals, they have no compassion at all. And you cannot convince them that pets are not livestock.

I told DH that if I saw one more black horse stand saddled and bridled in the full sun when the temp was in the 90s I just might be riding a horse home!
:eek: Still waiting on pictures! :love

Back
Top Bottom