The Old Folks Home

Last night we had a flying squirrel get stuck in the bird feeder! I need to see if it is still there.
Walking from the paring lot to my office, I saw a very decomposed very flat dead squirrel just off of the sidewalk. It is in an area where the students cross over the grass and mus have been running it over for quite some time....:sick

I hear ya. DH used to tell me I should get up and see the beautiful sunrise. I'd tell him I'll look at the sunset - it's just like a sunrise only on the other side of the house! (He has given up on me ever being a morning person.)
I get up at 5am on most days so see the sunrise. Sunset here is still at my awake time. In June and July it won't be though

It's more in my nature to stay up until 5am to see the sunrise. I haven't done that in a while, though.
I am not a night person!

It must come from generations of German Sorry, British\Irish farmers!
(I forgot for a moment that my DNA test shows that I am almost no German....)

Remember those Black Australorp eggs my middle Dd got on ebay for $10.00, and had me hatch out? Remember awhile back I complained about feather quality? Well, they're NOT BA's. I've doubted they were from the get go. I thought maybe I was wrong, because I'm used to SOP, excellent quality BA's, and these were just hatchery stock, so that accounted for the differences, and inferiority. Over the past couple weeks, I've noticed some major differences. The bottoms of their feet were never overly pink/white, but not overly yellow either. That has recently changed. They're much more yellow now. More recently, they've all developed a whitish circle in the feathers surrounding the eyes, or an eye ring. They're eyes were black, but now they're developing a significantly lighter iris around the black pupil. Time will tell more about what they might be, but they're definitely NOT Black Australorps.

Remember those Black Australorp eggs my middle Dd got on ebay for $10.00, and had me hatch out? Remember awhile back I complained about feather quality? Well, they're NOT BA's. I've doubted they were from the get go. I thought maybe I was wrong, because I'm used to SOP, excellent quality BA's, and these were just hatchery stock, so that accounted for the differences, and inferiority. Over the past couple weeks, I've noticed some major differences. The bottoms of their feet were never overly pink/white, but not overly yellow either. That has recently changed. They're much more yellow now. More recently, they've all developed a whitish circle in the feathers surrounding the eyes, or an eye ring. They're eyes were black, but now they're developing a significantly lighter iris around the black pupil. Time will tell more about what they might be, but they're definitely NOT Black Australorps.
It will me interesting to see what color eggs they lay. What are their combs like?

Back
Top Bottom