The Old Folks Home

Morning everyone!
Lagging behind a couple of days. Busy Monday here and Tuesday is just as hectic. It finally stopped raining long enough for DH and I to get wood hauled from the backyard to the barn to be split. We had a red oak with a 20" trunk not survive the winter. It was over 60 feet tall. DH had to drop a smaller tree next to it in order to insure that the bigger tree wouldn't hit the barn or house in the chaining. He dropped it right on the mark between the two buildings. What a guy!

Finally got the small coop cleaned:sick is all I can say. I have two hens in the broody buster. My little SDW hen in down to two eggs. One of the quail eggs failed and I have doubts about the other one so she may be hatching only one egg by the end of the week. Another hen is on 4 eggs. I've never had so many hens go broody at once and frankly I wish they would stop it. I'm getting tired of breaking them and one turned plain old mean attacking me when I pulled her out of the nest and stuffed her in the broody buster cage. I don't mind a peck or two but when they bite and twist they are on the fast track to freezer camp.

Garden is trying to dry out and grow and the temps are finally going to hit 80 this week. It's been a wet and chilly spring so far.

Pups are pupping right along. Little devils have doubled their size. Two have learned to jump over one of the security gates, which is funny to watch but not so funny when you have to figure out a way to keep them in the utility room.

Kdogg....ahhhh to be young again. Ummmmm never mind. Growing old is an adventure best lived once and savored like fine wine and chocolate along the journey. My mother used to say that you can't put an old head on young shoulders and now I know what she meant by that. Experience! It's the best teacher and don't be afraid to set the bar high for yourself. You will never regret it.

Busy day in store here. More coop work, more pup work. More Firewood work, more garden work. Laundry, blah blah blah....Y'all have a good one.

Morning everyone!
Lagging behind a couple of days. Busy Monday here and Tuesday is just as hectic. It finally stopped raining long enough for DH and I to get wood hauled from the backyard to the barn to be split. We had a red oak with a 20" trunk not survive the winter. It was over 60 feet tall. DH had to drop a smaller tree next to it in order to insure that the bigger tree wouldn't hit the barn or house in the chaining. He dropped it right on the mark between the two buildings. What a guy!

Finally got the small coop cleaned:sick is all I can say. I have two hens in the broody buster. My little SDW hen in down to two eggs. One of the quail eggs failed and I have doubts about the other one so she may be hatching only one egg by the end of the week. Another hen is on 4 eggs. I've never had so many hens go broody at once and frankly I wish they would stop it. I'm getting tired of breaking them and one turned plain old mean attacking me when I pulled her out of the nest and stuffed her in the broody buster cage. I don't mind a peck or two but when they bite and twist they are on the fast track to freezer camp.

Garden is trying to dry out and grow and the temps are finally going to hit 80 this week. It's been a wet and chilly spring so far.

Pups are pupping right along. Little devils have doubled their size. Two have learned to jump over one of the security gates, which is funny to watch but not so funny when you have to figure out a way to keep them in the utility room.

Kdogg....ahhhh to be young again. Ummmmm never mind. Growing old is an adventure best lived once and savored like fine wine and chocolate along the journey. My mother used to say that you can't put an old head on young shoulders and now I know what she meant by that. Experience! It's the best teacher and don't be afraid to set the bar high for yourself. You will never regret it.

Busy day in store here. More coop work, more pup work. More Firewood work, more garden work. Laundry, blah blah blah....Y'all have a good one.
Good thing you are retired!

:th

Morning everyone!

Wow you sure have been busy!!!

And thank you for that, that’s good advice. :)

What kind of puppies do you have?

Back
Top Bottom