The Old Folks Home

I am so proud of you for joining us kdogg being, the absolute youngest on this thread.Some people are "afraid" to post here like it will stigmatize them as an older person. Or worse yet that they will be old :idunno.

People on here are the same folks who are on ordinary(not old) threads - don't look or act any different.

I am so proud of you for joining us kdogg being, the absolute youngest on this thread.Some people are "afraid" to post here like it will stigmatize them as an older person. Or worse yet that they will be old :idunno.

People on here are the same folks who are on ordinary(not old) threads - don't look or act any different.

Thank you DD!! :hugs

I must admit... I used to somewhat be like that and it is part of why I never joined here before. :oops:

But then I realized exactly what you just said.... that you guys are all the same people anyway and I already talk to most of you elsewhere anyway like the café and NFC’s thread and just around BYC so I figured I might as well join here too!! Since you guys are all really cool and I like talking to you all! Plus there are some people here I don’t really see around/elsewhere as much. :D

And I am glad I joined because it has been a lot of fun and.... still not old! :D :lau

Don't rush it, Kdogg. It will sneak up on you before you know it! We are all 22 years old here.....some of us just have 40 years plus of experience added on to the number.

Really, I love it when younger members join us on the porch. Y'all keep us thinking young! I used to love hanging around with the old folks when I was a teen and younger. I loved to listen to their stories and experiences.

Mother nature just kicked us in the solar plexus here. A severe storm just rolled through and dumped two inches of water on us in less than an hour. High winds, thunder lightning and rain and hail sheeting down till we couldn't see the timber 75 feet from the house. We learned while radioing in a weather report that there are no weather spotters where we are and no radar coverage!:thThe weather service can't see below 7,000 feet due to the angle of the radar. So looks like we are the only weather spotters for the area. What was sad was that they announced a severe thunderstorm warning for our county after we radioed in the report of hail. Makes us realize that we have a big responsibility to keep an eye on things around here.

Spent the morning sopping melted chocolate ice cream out of our troubled fridge and freezer. What a waste. Naturally it was my gallon of ice cream as DH doesn't like chocolate (he was a good sport and ate about half of what didn't ooze out of the container last night) That will teach me to lay a tub of ice cream on it's side in the freezer and yes, the lid was on tight. It just oozed everywhere. The vanilla came through just melted as it was sitting upright. Still uncertain about the fridge. It's running but I removed everything perishable from it. Salvaged three containers of applesauce and warty red squash from last fall's harvest. Lost 6 bags of apples from that blasted ice cream oozing into the bags. I thought freezer bags were supposed to be waterproof:mad:!

Don't rush it, Kdogg. It will sneak up on you before you know it! We are all 22 years old here.....some of us just have 40 years plus of experience added on to the number.

Really, I love it when younger members join us on the porch. Y'all keep us thinking young! I used to love hanging around with the old folks when I was a teen and younger. I loved to listen to their stories and experiences.

Mother nature just kicked us in the solar plexus here. A severe storm just rolled through and dumped two inches of water on us in less than an hour. High winds, thunder lightning and rain and hail sheeting down till we couldn't see the timber 75 feet from the house. We learned while radioing in a weather report that there are no weather spotters where we are and no radar coverage!:thThe weather service can't see below 7,000 feet due to the angle of the radar. So looks like we are the only weather spotters for the area. What was sad was that they announced a severe thunderstorm warning for our county after we radioed in the report of hail. Makes us realize that we have a big responsibility to keep an eye on things around here.

Spent the morning sopping melted chocolate ice cream out of our troubled fridge and freezer. What a waste. Naturally it was my gallon of ice cream as DH doesn't like chocolate (he was a good sport and ate about half of what didn't ooze out of the container last night) That will teach me to lay a tub of ice cream on it's side in the freezer and yes, the lid was on tight. It just oozed everywhere. The vanilla came through just melted as it was sitting upright. Still uncertain about the fridge. It's running but I removed everything perishable from it. Salvaged three containers of applesauce and warty red squash from last fall's harvest. Lost 6 bags of apples from that blasted ice cream oozing into the bags. I thought freezer bags were supposed to be waterproof:mad:!
Glad you were safe, Micro!

It already is sneaking up on me!! Turned 25 in March!! :eek: :th

And aw thanks! That is so sweet!! Tbh I feel the same way! Can learn a lot from you guys! :D

And wow! So scary! Glad you are safe! That is definitely a big responsibility!

Back
Top Bottom