The Old Folks Home

I like popcorn, especially if it doesn't have too much salt, and oil, or butter on it. I still cook popcorn in a cast iron skillet with a lid, over the stove sometimes. Especially if it's for me. Dh, Dd, and the grands eat more of the microwave stuff.
Last year Costco started selling Ghee in a big container for a very good price. It is my current favorite on popcorn. I have a whirly pop popcorn maker

Next phase of the chick plan complete. Anais was going to get 4 and we started with her as her nest is much easier to get to. I tried to put the first one in from the back. Anais pecked at me and the chick wasn't underneath so I tried to get it under the back of her wing and she went for me again. When I pulled my hand out she went for the chick.

I doubt she had any idea what she was attacking. In any case, can't let her hurt the chick so we uncovered Angel's brooder area and successfully got all 9 chicks under. She fussed at me a little but didn't flare like Anais and settled.

Now I'll have to check early in the morning to make sure Angel wakes up happy with her babies.

I have a antique popper very light aluminum went took a couple pictures
love the wand does not go to the bottom but as it pop keeps the popped moving
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg

Oh Phage..... :love are you back or still in England.
I am getting Gastric sleeve. On June 11th.
So All is well.... Grandma is now 102 in July she will be 103.

deb
My grandma would have been 104 this year on July 19.

Darling puppy
Evil stink-eye turkey hen
Ringo is still alive
Saw the birth of a tornado complete with nickel-to-quarter size hail
Didn't end up in Oz.
Had a birthday on Sunday... Sixty-onederful
Planted tomato seedlings on Saturday
Harvesting snow peas today.
That's about it from the NM outpost!
Glad you didn't end up in Oz. Happy belated birthday!

Accuweather says it is 95F with 36% humidity. Tomorrow is supposed to be a degree or two hotter
Ick!

Next phase of the chick plan complete. Anais was going to get 4 and we started with her as her nest is much easier to get to. I tried to put the first one in from the back. Anais pecked at me and the chick wasn't underneath so I tried to get it under the back of her wing and she went for me again. When I pulled my hand out she went for the chick.

I doubt she had any idea what she was attacking. In any case, can't let her hurt the chick so we uncovered Angel's brooder area and successfully got all 9 chicks under. She fussed at me a little but didn't flare like Anais and settled.

Now I'll have to check early in the morning to make sure Angel wakes up happy with her babies.

Awww adorable!!

Back
Top Bottom