The Old Folks Home

Oh My! I saw Shadow Captain being hyper vigilant of the nest where Poof Poof is sitting, then I heard it! peep peep peep. Two days earlier than I expected! Now to sit patiently and wait for her to bring her peeps off the nest when she's hatched all that will hatch. There were 10 eggs in all as of yesterday's count.
Here's SC and PP.. My first purebred pair of silkies.
IMGP0006.JPG
IMGP0009.JPG

Oh My! I saw Shadow Captain being hyper vigilant of the nest where Poof Poof is sitting, then I heard it! peep peep peep. Two days earlier than I expected! Now to sit patiently and wait for her to bring her peeps off the nest when she's hatched all that will hatch. There were 10 eggs in all as of yesterday's count.
Here's SC and PP.. My first purebred pair of silkies.View attachment 3144511View attachment 3144512
proud papa shocked granma

Too hot to do much gardening yesterday, so I did a bullet run to Amarillo, TX to pick up a dog for the greyhound rescue group. It was HOT in Texas! Anyway, the dog was a young greyhound/sighthound mix that was surrendered by a coyote hunter because she wouldn't hunt. SO THIN. She was fresh off her vet procedures (spay, dental) and so slept most of the way back. She was awake the last 45 minutes of the drive and stood in the backseat and rested her head on my shoulder for the rest of the trip. So sweet! Vet said she was a little skittish which, I think, may have been from previous abuse. She wasn't on the drive, but that may've been the meds. I'd consider fostering her (and possibly adopting) but our Dolce -- the diva -- would eat her for breakfast, and having 4 dogs underfoot would render us a circus.
Oreo.jpeg

My transport charge

Back
Top Bottom