The Old Folks Home

I LOVE Texas Cream 40's, but they take a lot of shelling. They're so good, they're worth it.

As for Okra. My grandmother grew up picking, shelling, shucking, blanching, pickling, and canning. Nothing made her happier than to be out in a field picking food. Except Okra. She hated being in the field with okra, cutting okra, and gathering it to bring it in, then she hated dealing with the raw okra. It didn't stop her, but she did not like to deal with it. When Clarence Birdseye semi-perfected frozen okra, she announced she thought it was just as good as doing it herself, and from then on, any okra would come from the freezer section of the grocery store. She never messed with raw okra again, except to take the bag from the freezer, open it, and cook it.

I LOVE Texas Cream 40's, but they take a lot of shelling. They're so good, they're worth it.

As for Okra. My grandmother grew up picking, shelling, shucking, blanching, pickling, and canning. Nothing made her happier than to be out in a field picking food. Except Okra. She hated being in the field with okra, cutting okra, and gathering it to bring it in, then she hated dealing with the raw okra. It didn't stop her, but she did not like to deal with it. When Clarence Birdseye semi-perfected frozen okra, she announced she thought it was just as good as doing it herself, and from then on, any okra would come from the freezer section of the grocery store. She never messed with raw okra again, except to take the bag from the freezer, open it, and cook it.
In the Okra Patch is where I'm at my best. I don't have to bend over to pick it. :)

@Ron
With the other chemo med, it was 100% guaranteed that one would lose their hair. With this one, it's more like 75% will lose their hair. I seem to be one of the 75%, although it hasn't all fallen out yet. As to whether it's working, it's too soon to tell. I had only gotten 2 infusions when I got the shingles, and it had to be delayed. I'm scheduled to resume on April 3.
Dogg on Shingles!

I hope the next round goes well.

I just took a shower. My hair is starting to fall out in clumps. Oh joy!
Oy vey.
Between changing diet to lose weight for surgery and then the trauma of the total knee replacement, my hair thinned quite rapidly by the combful and it is SO sparse up top and sides. I mean, major scalp sunburn if we had decent sun. I'm visiting my sister this month and I'm sure my appearance will make her cry.
I'm taking a biotin supplement and have one of those scalp massage thingies to promote follicle circulation, but I'm thinking of just shaving it off and starting over... However, I'm worried that being bald-ish will spark a whole new set of concerns and I certainly don't want to invoke any stolen valor of the chemo set.

But other than that, things are fine! I'm fully mobile again with no bone pain, just a little stiffness and fatigue now and then. And today is drizzly, so I feel that in both surged-upon and normal joints, but the snow toe hasn't kicked in so it's just rain today.

Back
Top Bottom