The Old Folks Home

The printer cartoon hits home. Dh's had a black & white only printer. Normally, he prints documents, so not a big deal. I have the all-in-one, and the printer does color. I hooked it in, directly to my computer, with a cable. On those rare occasions that he needed a color document, he'd come around to my desk, and use my printer.

When the schools were shut down for covid, and the kids were being homeschooled, Dh discovered networking. He networked his printer into the kids' laptops, so they could print out their schoolwork. Again, for the most part, they only needed black & white. His ran out of ink, and he was at the neighbor's when it happened. I couldn't find the replacement cartridge, so I temporarily networked the kids' laptops into my printer, until he replaced the ink cartridge. When he replaced the cartridge, I un-networked my printer. Too late! When he discovered both printers could be networked in, and he had a choice of which one to use, he insisted mine had to stay networked.

A couple weeks ago, I needed to use my scanner. I couldn't. Every networked computer could scan/print/fax, but I couldn't, and I was directly connected with the cable. I was not happy about it, but after some investigation, I decided I either needed a driver update, or the last update messed up, so I needed to re-install the driver(s). I installed the latest driver, and everything was fine again.

Just before Mother's day, Dh comes in with a huge box. Inside is a new all-in-one. He intended to give me the new one, and he'd take my older one. NOPE. I didn't want the new one. He tried for a long time to convince me to take the new one. I told him the new one had become his Father's day present. Eventually, he accepted the new one. Later on I asked him why he was so insistent on taking my all-in-one, instead of the new one. His response was, that I have one of those rare all-in-ones that everything works exactly the way it should. All the accompanying programs, and all other sofware is perfectly integrated, so it does exactly what it should, when it should, and how it should. That's why he wanted mine, instead of the new one. (Grrrr)

He, and the kids are networked into his Father's day present, a new all-in-one. I have my older one back. (Yay)

The printer cartoon hits home. Dh's had a black & white only printer. Normally, he prints documents, so not a big deal. I have the all-in-one, and the printer does color. I hooked it in, directly to my computer, with a cable. On those rare occasions that he needed a color document, he'd come around to my desk, and use my printer.

When the schools were shut down for covid, and the kids were being homeschooled, Dh discovered networking. He networked his printer into the kids' laptops, so they could print out their schoolwork. Again, for the most part, they only needed black & white. His ran out of ink, and he was at the neighbor's when it happened. I couldn't find the replacement cartridge, so I temporarily networked the kids' laptops into my printer, until he replaced the ink cartridge. When he replaced the cartridge, I un-networked my printer. Too late! When he discovered both printers could be networked in, and he had a choice of which one to use, he insisted mine had to stay networked.

A couple weeks ago, I needed to use my scanner. I couldn't. Every networked computer could scan/print/fax, but I couldn't, and I was directly connected with the cable. I was not happy about it, but after some investigation, I decided I either needed a driver update, or the last update messed up, so I needed to re-install the driver(s). I installed the latest driver, and everything was fine again.

Just before Mother's day, Dh comes in with a huge box. Inside is a new all-in-one. He intended to give me the new one, and he'd take my older one. NOPE. I didn't want the new one. He tried for a long time to convince me to take the new one. I told him the new one had become his Father's day present. Eventually, he accepted the new one. Later on I asked him why he was so insistent on taking my all-in-one, instead of the new one. His response was, that I have one of those rare all-in-ones that everything works exactly the way it should. All the accompanying programs, and all other sofware is perfectly integrated, so it does exactly what it should, when it should, and how it should. That's why he wanted mine, instead of the new one. (Grrrr)

He, and the kids are networked into his Father's day present, a new all-in-one. I have my older one back. (Yay)
This is a very timely post! I was just changing the toner on an over 10 year old printer here. It was jamming but after I cleaned the pickup roller, it is back to working again.

It makes me sad when I have to replace an old work horse like this one is.

I usually look at the local news on a daily basis. This year, there are an unusually high number of mentions about having to relocate alligators. This is followed by instructions on dealing with alligators. I've been saying for years, they are NOT endangered. The idiots that count them, have no idea how to find, and count them.

Alligators are primarily nocturnal, when it cools down from the high heat of the day. The local alligator counters got inflatable boats, small propellers to go on them, and drove them around a couple of the local lakes all day long. The next day, they moved on to a couple other lakes. Rinse, repeat, until they covered most of the lakes.

It never dawned on them that prior to their visual approach, upon hearing the noise from the propeller, the alligators that were floating on the surface, submerged themselves, until the rubber boats were gone. It never dawned on them that the ones resting on rocks, fallen tree branches, banks, etc., were sliding into the water to hide, before the boat ever got near enough to spot them. That's why we are now having an over-abundance of alligators.

It's confusing to the eco-nuts. Obviously with the high number of nuisance alligator complaints, it's a clear indication that they are not as endangered as believed, but their count indicates they are endangered. The eco-nuts have been forced to upgrade the alligator from endangered, to recovering. Maybe if they would learn how to count them, we woudn't be having so many nuisance problems with them, and so many complaints.

I usually look at the local news on a daily basis. This year, there are an unusually high number of mentions about having to relocate alligators. This is followed by instructions on dealing with alligators. I've been saying for years, they are NOT endangered. The idiots that count them, have no idea how to find, and count them.

Alligators are primarily nocturnal, when it cools down from the high heat of the day. The local alligator counters got inflatable boats, small propellers to go on them, and drove them around a couple of the local lakes all day long. The next day, they moved on to a couple other lakes. Rinse, repeat, until they covered most of the lakes.

It never dawned on them that prior to their visual approach, upon hearing the noise from the propeller, the alligators that were floating on the surface, submerged themselves, until the rubber boats were gone. It never dawned on them that the ones resting on rocks, fallen tree branches, banks, etc., were sliding into the water to hide, before the boat ever got near enough to spot them. That's why we are now having an over-abundance of alligators.

It's confusing to the eco-nuts. Obviously with the high number of nuisance alligator complaints, it's a clear indication that they are not as endangered as believed, but their count indicates they are endangered. The eco-nuts have been forced to upgrade the alligator from endangered, to recovering. Maybe if they would learn how to count them, we woudn't be having so many nuisance problems with them, and so many complaints.
They need to Get A Clue about how to count gators. :) Soon every mud puddle will have its own gator.

Back
Top Bottom