The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Pics
I let my older Pitas out to Free Range(tear up the lawn?) today and one of them decided to go to bed in a pet carrier!

Last edited:
Thank you, Bandit Queen! That is so sweet of you. This weekend I am building a big run extension so that I can get in the run with them and hang out with them when they're in there. The coop will be called "Pavlova Perch"; a dancer/artist I know is painting a sign with a chicken at a ballet barre!
smile.png
Odette and Odile are absolutely lovely and adorable. This is my first time owning chickens, and they are so sweet and funny. And, as you say, really beautiful. True to their Swan Lake characters, Odile is the showy alpha, who always has to be in front and is very tall and outgoing, while Odette is shy but quietly brave and learns to do all the hard things first (like going up and down the ladder). Looking forward to checking out your stories as well! I will post more pics from the new run!

Thank you, Bandit Queen! That is so sweet of you. This weekend I am building a big run extension so that I can get in the run with them and hang out with them when they're in there. The coop will be called "Pavlova Perch"; a dancer/artist I know is painting a sign with a chicken at a ballet barre!
smile.png
Odette and Odile are absolutely lovely and adorable. This is my first time owning chickens, and they are so sweet and funny. And, as you say, really beautiful. True to their Swan Lake characters, Odile is the showy alpha, who always has to be in front and is very tall and outgoing, while Odette is shy but quietly brave and learns to do all the hard things first (like going up and down the ladder). Looking forward to checking out your stories as well! I will post more pics from the new run!
A-HA! It WAS Swan Lake!! LOL, I was right!

You are herewith, henceforth, and thusly conscripted to provide us with a picture of the sign with the dancing chicken when it is complete. I MUST SEE IT!!
ya.gif

A-HA! It WAS Swan Lake!! LOL, I was right!

You are herewith, henceforth, and thusly conscripted to provide us with a picture of the sign with the dancing chicken when it is complete. I MUST SEE IT!!
ya.gif
It's a ballet about birds! I had to use it to name my chickens.
smile.png
And the fact that they are both black and white, rather than one of each, is perfect, as Odette and Odile are generally danced by the same ballerina in any given performance. (You can see I thought about this a lot!) I will definitely post pics of the sign when it arrives and will also try to get some more pics of the girls this weekend -- they are getting so big! But not too big to be cuddled, which they accept with great forbearance.

Back
Top Bottom