The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Pics
Ok just checking here because the CLB threads are getting closer to having a plan of getting the CLB accepted for the APA and I have a few questions

Is there someone spearheading the effort for these birds. I do not think we are anywhere close at the moment as it will take at least 5 APA breeders 5 years before acceptance can happen. There are a number of hurdles that need to be overcome and it would be nice to have a central place like the CLB to discuss and disseminate information regarding APA acceptance.

The chicks that I am growing out for a colleague are now 5 weeks old. They are so cute! I took some pictures and a short video of them today.

Here is the video!
vimeo_logo.png

Hi from Georgia,

These are pictures of Pet Rock and Zorro's 4 babies, 2 wks. old today, May 30, 2015. Believe me, the brooder was clean an hour ago! I was so happy to have 4 hatches since they were shipped from CA to GA. 2 of Pet Rock and Don Juan's babies pipped but never zipped, and then no sounds
idunno.gif
. I also had 5 local Easter Eggers to hatch the same weekend. This was my first time incubating and I was a wreck
hu.gif
I have a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced with humidity pump. I set 17 eggs, it will hold 24, and when the chickens started hatching, I quickly found out that 17 eggs in the Brinsea 20 is too many at one time. I had to open it a couple of times to make room and maybe the humidity went too low for a time in the last couple days, and that is possibly why I had 2 eggs pipped but no zipping. I am so new at this, that I didn't want to make a mistake by helping. Anyway, I am very happy with my babies.

Hi from Georgia,

These are pictures of Pet Rock and Zorro's 4 babies, 2 wks. old today, May 30, 2015. Believe me, the brooder was clean an hour ago! I was so happy to have 4 hatches since they were shipped from CA to GA. 2 of Pet Rock and Don Juan's babies pipped but never zipped, and then no sounds
idunno.gif
. I also had 5 local Easter Eggers to hatch the same weekend. This was my first time incubating and I was a wreck
hu.gif
I have a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced with humidity pump. I set 17 eggs, it will hold 24, and when the chickens started hatching, I quickly found out that 17 eggs in the Brinsea 20 is too many at one time. I had to open it a couple of times to make room and maybe the humidity went too low for a time in the last couple days, and that is possibly why I had 2 eggs pipped but no zipping. I am so new at this, that I didn't want to make a mistake by helping. Anyway, I am very happy with my babies.
How cute!!! Thank you for posting these!

Hi from Georgia,

idunno.gif
hu.gif
wee.gif

Pita Pintas in Georgia!

They are very cute.

Hi from Georgia,

idunno.gif
hu.gif
East Coast pita pintas! How fabulous! Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom