The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Pics
I would love to see some new pics of your trio! I'm planning on moving my last group of Pita Pinta cockerels to the farm and sorting through to determine which of the girls to use for breeding next spring. I have several pullets that are promising!

Hi Debi,
Just took these pictures today. Pedro and his two sisters. Very good looking trio, IMO
highfive.gif

:weee

It is so good to hear form you!

Question, Do you remember the name of the breeder you got the pita pinta eggs from?

Also, on another thread a poultry judge said he thought our Pita Pintas were a recreation. I thought they were saved along with the Penedesenca, Basque hen and etc. in the early 80's as a part of the Spanish Conservatory. Do you know about that?

Hi Ron!

I am not sure of the name of the breeder. He was about an hour outside of Madrid. He changes blood lines every 4 years. Next time we're there I'll see if we can look him up again. As far as if they were recreated, I believe the bird was saved from extinction in the 80's and not recreated.

Last edited:
Hi Ron!

I am not sure of the name of the breeder. He was about an hour outside of Madrid. He changes blood lines every 4 years. Next time we're there I'll see if we can look him up again. As far as if they were recreated, I believe the bird was saved from extinction in the 80's and not recreated.

Thanks Megan, That would be great!

Hi Ron!

I too am moving forward with this breed. Im taking some of Debi's and Ron's birds as my starters. Gives me a little more genetic breadth to work with having such a small gene pool to start with.

Were all the original eggs from a single line?

Here is my Flora. Her feathers came in much whiter after this molt, is that usual? Her tail feathers still have not grown in, lol. None of my others have molted yet, but Flora was sick so I think that's why she molted.

Here is my Flora. Her feathers came in much whiter after this molt, is that usual? Her tail feathers still have not grown in, lol. None of my others have molted yet, but Flora was sick so I think that's why she molted.

Yes, they get whiter after each molt. It is normal for them.

She looks good!

Hi!

This is the last of the 4 chicks that I adopted from @ronnott1.
2 were roos & I had a friend adopt the other hen.
It'll be interesting to see how much whiter she'll get.

Back
Top Bottom