The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Still haven’t gotten one pita pinta girl 😖 have sold 4 pita boys and have another 3-4 in growout pens. I have bought eggs from 4 different people and they are in the incubator. But I was hoping to be starting breeding my own by this time 😭 this one to the right I’m thinking is a girl. Hoping!
Good luck, where are you located?

I lost one of my babies last week. I put them out in the swing-set sandbox in a wire cage to get some grit and enjoy the sunshine. The top of the cage is a swing open and flexes inward a bit, but you can pull it to set evenly closed, which it was.

I jumped on a conference call which lasted about 25 minutes. I had the door open and heard some birds towards the end, but thought nothing of it.

When I went out to check on them, the top was hanging down a bit inside the cage on one side and one of my babies was dead. It's eye was injured and blood was coming from it's mouth. The others were on one side of the cage acting scared to death. I assume one of those wild birds somehow got a hold of my chick? It was bizarre and I felt horrible that I didn't go out and check on them sooner.

The remaining seven are doing great, thankful for that!

Attachments

• 191396370_4141931132533997_827739559758647533_n.jpg
    191396370_4141931132533997_827739559758647533_n.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 6
I lost one of my babies last week. I put them out in the swing-set sandbox in a wire cage to get some grit and enjoy the sunshine. The top of the cage is a swing open and flexes inward a bit, but you can pull it to set evenly closed, which it was.

I jumped on a conference call which lasted about 25 minutes. I had the door open and heard some birds towards the end, but thought nothing of it.

When I went out to check on them, the top was hanging down a bit inside the cage on one side and one of my babies was dead. It's eye was injured and blood was coming from it's mouth. The others were on one side of the cage acting scared to death. I assume one of those wild birds somehow got a hold of my chick? It was bizarre and I felt horrible that I didn't go out and check on them sooner.

The remaining seven are doing great, thankful for that!
I am so sorry!

Predators can be terrible!

Back
Top Bottom