The Pita Pinta Asturiana

I love the Pita pinta Hens! They are smart and friendly.

I baked a no knead sourdough loaf on Sunday and yesterday I baked cinnamon rolls and and a chocolate cake for Christmas.

Sourdough is wonderful!
I THINK THE PITA CHICKENS....ARE NEAT. So pretty...a bit different ....like the
Silkies. The Silkies are beautiful...but they never gave a lot of eggs. Frankly,
I like ALL BREEDS...

I Bake Sourdough BREADS weekly. Have so many family, friends, and neighbors
that love it..and look forward to it. Baking....Sourdough is my passion. ha ha
ENJOY IT.

as I don't get pita pinta chicks from my flock I am thinking to mix them with naked neck. what colour should I get in order to keep pita pinta colouring?

Is it possible to have some eggs shipped to you from Spain?

not really. I'll try to get some eggs from germany as shipping from there is easier. we don't have many options for safe shipping from spain.

I have also read that there is a SOP for pita pinta now. I don't like it. breeding for SOP ends up in too much inbreeding.

not really. I'll try to get some eggs from germany as shipping from there is easier. we don't have many options for safe shipping from spain.

I have also read that there is a SOP for pita pinta now. I don't like it. breeding for SOP ends up in too much inbreeding.
Germany is a good choice!

Breeding to SOP would be for those that want to show them in competition. Breeding to SOP and mess up both meat and egg production too.

2 of the pita pinta eggs hatched and 2 pullets managed to stay alive! I guess they are my younger roos' babies. but the weird thing is they both have 2-3 tiny feathers on their shanks (front side). the only feathered feet breed I have is silkie and there is no way pita pinta hens mated them. I kept silkies confined. btw, these 2 pullets look like pita pinta (single comb, black and white). I just don't understand where the feathers come from.

Back
Top Bottom