The Plymouth Rock Breeders Thread- Part Deux

Pics
Wow. They really don't have the mahogany gene. Good type though. The male looks to have a short back but look at his chest!

Watch for the penciling when get to the point of selecting breeders. Seems the biggest issue of birds shown. A few are lacking the black or is so thin I can't see it. You'll want to cull for that- ensure pattern is present on all plumage.

I'm not hatching anything yet. I didn't hatch last year either. Mom died last February and my heart just hasn't been in it. I did pick up a cabinet incubator and sat some eggs in January, but the switch went bad and I haven't replaced it yet. Fertility was low. I'm figuring on fall hatches this year. If we don't get HPAI.

I'm not hatching anything yet. I didn't hatch last year either. Mom died last February and my heart just hasn't been in it. I did pick up a cabinet incubator and sat some eggs in January, but the switch went bad and I haven't replaced it yet. Fertility was low. I'm figuring on fall hatches this year. If we don't get HPAI.
Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't hatch much after April last year. I just had too much going on. I've already got about 150 chicks on the ground and more in the hatcher and incubator now. Most of these are for sales coming up though.

Back
Top Bottom