The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Co,Pg,Ml
Co Pg Ml Co, Pg and Ml render single lacing.
Co,Ml Co Ml Co and Ml render a quail type pattern, columbian with patterned back.
Pg,Ml Pg Ml Pg and Ml without Co render double lacing.
Db,Pg,Ml Db Pg Ml Db, Pg and Ml render spangling.
Db,Pg Db Pg Db and Pg render autosomal barring, quilt pattern.
Co,Db,Pg,Ml Co Db Pg Ml Co, Db ,Pg and Ml render single lacing (or half moon spangling) with patterned tail
Co,Db,Ml Co Db Ml Co and Ml render a quail type pattern, columbian with patterned back.
Db,Ml Db Ml Db and Ml render a quail type pattern, columbian with patterned back.
Co,Pg Co Pg
Co and Pg possibly render an incomplete single lacing
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kippengenen

I have a long way to go before I begin to understand this stuff, and how to use the calc.. I found this just poking around over there..
I'm with you Stan....still a lot to learn

A partridge bird is built on e^b....so Melanized, CO and Pg DOES result in single lacing.

A "blue" bird needs to be based on E (extended black) and I don't know where/how to breed that in. Also, partridge lacks Ml, so I'm not certain how/where to bring that in from either

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Not a genetic expert.

I’ve never seen a large fowl white that was dominant, bantams are a different story. Also never seen blue under white in rocks but have in leghorns. A belief at some point was that blue would make a cleaner white so I’m not too surprised.

Partridge did nothing but eliminate a copy of white and brought out the blue. I’m pretty sure sp/partridge is sex linked which is why only the pullets got it. The partridge really don’t have anything to offer the blues. The ticket would be to breed splash or blue to the whites. The f1 pullets to the sire would just be a slower way to go but should eventually work. The best scenario, the blue breeders need some white x white eggs and the OP needs some blue eggs.

Fred-

Are you using 2x4 or 2x2 for the framing? I tend to favor 2x2 for something I have to move often. Also do you attach wire on the bottom for burrowing predators? Thanks

Melissa

Fred-

Are you using 2x4 or 2x2 for the framing? I tend to favor 2x2 for something I have to move often. Also do you attach wire on the bottom for burrowing predators? Thanks

Melissa

You live and learn. I built a couple out of 2x4 and they're great little pens. Stout and safe. But I move them with a chain and my Kubota tractor' front end loader. Geeeez. I can over build anything, trust me.

Yes, this is latest one is 2x2 nominal. Actually 2x4 ripped, so it's even smaller than 2x2, but it's fine. It also is sistered with a 1x2 for linear strength and a bigger area to staple the wire on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom