The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my young cockerels I'm growing.

here is the most colourful one I have three others like this out of this hatch two with a lot less red and one that could pass for a poor coloured columbian rock

Joe is correct, this can't "just happen". The females weren't cleaned out before collecting eggs or a male from another bread jumped the fence.

Well it looks like my 10 "5 week old June hatched Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks" may all be cockerel chicks. :/

Hopefully I will get a few more pullet chicks out of my 23 "1 week old July hatched chicks" to go with my 14 pullets from my "April & May hatched chicks" to grow out. :)

Well it looks like my 10 "5 week old June hatched Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks" may all be cockerel chicks.
hmm.png

Hopefully I will get a few more pullet chicks out of my 23 "1 week old July hatched chicks" to go with my 14 pullets from my "April & May hatched chicks" to grow out.
smile.png
all of my hatches this year have been cockerel heavy, Rocks, Marans, Ameraucana, all have been along the lines of 3 or 4 to 1
sad.png

why are only the males have the rose combs. I get the colour could be sex linked but I don't think rose combs are? I should have females with rose combs also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom