The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. We are just getting started in our breeding program and believe this to be one of the hands down best threads on BYC. Barred Rocks is our primary breed and this thread is quite educational. Now, if someone has a fine line cockerel in need of a good home to someone wanting to bring real Barred Rocks into southeast Oklahoma please let us know. Thanks again to you all. We appreciate your time, efforts and dedication. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Not a good picture :/ but here is one of my Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock cockerels that I am looking forward to seeing fill out over the next couple months. :)

Fellow "rock heads" in doing some research I found a few yrs ago that access to fresh greener was important to the leg/skin color in our Rocks. Many leafy greens contain a chemical called xanthrophyl that is essential to the yellow pigment we need in our rocks.

That is the major reason I try to let mine out in the clover field at least 4-5 times every week

Fellow "rock heads" in doing some research I found a few yrs ago that access to fresh greener was important to the leg/skin color in our Rocks. Many leafy greens contain a chemical called xanthrophyl that is essential to the yellow pigment we need in our rocks.

That is the major reason I try to let mine out in the clover field at least 4-5 times every week
that is good to know. There is no grass here and with my water bill already at $75 for last month no chance of any. However, as soon as I can get some fencing done I will put in a patch of leafy greens; kale, chard, maybe some buckwheat and other stuff. I am thinking of that fodder system I see that's becoming popular right now, just haven't figured out how to set up it yet; not enough sun in the house; too many hungry critters outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom