The predatot that...?

4hooves&featheredfriends

Songster
11 Years
Jan 5, 2009
New Hampshire
My neighbor called me today in tears,"Eloise is dead and two of my hens. I think it was a weasel." I felt so bad for my friend as she operates a fowl rescue and feels so responsible for all of her charges. I told her that I was so sorry and that I would bring my girl, Moxie, a Pit/Lab cross over to check it out when she got home from work. Tonight, I didn't hear from her so I walked over with my girl to see if she needed help with weasel patrol. As we walked into the bird room, she cried out"Where is Happy?" Happy is her muscovy duck that she rescued over four years ago. I sent her out of the room (a converted tack room with several tables and dressers; crates and kennels) and searched for Happy. Sadly, I found Happy wedged between a dresser and the wall. Her neck was stripped but otherwise her body was intact. An awful scene and to add to the sadness my neighbor came in as I found the lifeless Muscovy. We do get so attached to our feathered friends.

Does this in fact sound like a weasel? My girl found nothing, but marked around the barn and even in the bird room....Please advise.

Back
Top Bottom