Good morning everyone!

We finished (for the most part) our duck run this morning. We still have to go through and tweak the netting on top to secure it in all areas and cut off the excess, but we'll work on that in the evenings when it's not so darn hot and humid.

Take that, hawks!

Their enclosure is half the size of the chicken run. It's 50ft x 25ft and 7ft tall on the highest end. The chicken enclosure is 5-6 ft because we made it level with the ground, but this time I decided it would look a little more funky, but ultimately work better if I could have a taller enclosure for the ducks. Especially since I have to go in and fill/clean waterers and ponds every day.

IMG_3509.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

IMG_3504.jpeg
IMG_3506.jpeg

The ducks approve!

IMG_3508.jpeg
IMG_3507.jpeg

The next project will be figuring out the big pool... I need to figure out the best way to put a drain in it and build a small deck and ramp that the ducks will actually use. Only 2 out of the 7 ducks/geese will go up in the currently kiddie pool deck. 😩 Does anyone else have a ramp their ducks like?

Ok do you want me to do it now.
If you like... I'll re-run the report in a day or two... :D
I think I may have made the same mistake. I did the second questionnaire thing on my first go through, and I saw that show up, but I didn't think to do it the next 4 times.
:frow Good morning Tooshay, have a great day. Wow, it looks amazing.
WOW that looks amazing!!! You have some lucky birds!!! And the other one is even bigger!? :eek:
:frow Good morning Kelsey, have a great day

Lots of eggs for both eating and incubating.
Just put out 14 new ducklings that are two weeks old. So excited to have 65 duck now alive and well.
Had a big scare last night but all came out well.

Today I will be starting 25 today. In 28 days hopefully 90 ducks.........
But as you know we can not count before the eggs hatch and even then its iffy.......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom