:frow Good morning Ralphie, have a great day

I remember a couple guys wigging out when we started a fire in our shed... At the time the ice was about 3' thick. Same two guys also brought a hand Augur instead of one with a motor.
I love the reaction of Southies when we have fires on the ice. Nothing better than sitting around a huge bonfire in the middle of the ice.

Hand augers and chisels might get a hole through 3 ft of ice. But you’re going to be tired, wet, and ticked off before you get to water.

The reason we make bonfires on the ice is recreational, but has a essential reason too. It’s for gathering low grade food.

The dux will see the water the fire melts and land in it not realizing the water will freeze as soon as the fire goes out. Thus the dux are stuck on the ice and we can simply harvest them at our leisure.

it saves on ammo.

Cute but 25$ a piece. I can get rabbit already dressed in the store for that.
:eek: our prices are so different! Kits start at $40 here And while our local butchers don't sell rabbit, in the closest city and the meat and seafood centre its probably got the game meat mark up (a dressed quail is $25 :th)

Back
Top Bottom