It's been a few days since I posted on this thread. I hope all of you are doing well and having a wondrous day.
Good to see you. I was thinking about your beautiful birds yesterday. We were watching a video on youtube and it was saying while they aim to breed pheonix tails 3m long, there has been one recorded as 12metres long! Do you know how long your birds tails are?

Good to see you. I was thinking about your beautiful birds yesterday. We were watching a video on youtube and it was saying while they aim to breed pheonix tails 3m long, there has been one recorded as 12metres long! Do you know how long your birds tails are?
I haven't measured in a long time, but I'm sure mine are a meter long at best. This suits me as the longer tails are harder to care for. I do watch and hope for longer tails and each year they are a bit longer and thicker. My youngsters won't have as nice a tail as they should; this winter has been hard on them. My phoenix hens are remarkable in that their tails are quite long for female phoenix.

12 meters=36 plus feet is unbelievable. There are breeds known for a longer tail. The Onagadori has the longest at almost 35 feet. Many people get the long tail breeds mixed up. Or perhaps they are crossing phoenix and Onagadori to achieve a phoenix with a longer tail length.

I haven't measured in a long time, but I'm sure mine are a meter long at best. This suits me as the longer tails are harder to care for. I do watch and hope for longer tails and each year they are a bit longer and thicker. My youngsters won't have as nice a tail as they should; this winter has been hard on them. My phoenix hens are remarkable in that their tails are quite long for female phoenix.

12 meters=36 plus feet is unbelievable. There are breeds known for a longer tail. The Onagadori has the longest at almost 35 feet. Many people get the long tail breeds mixed up. Or perhaps they are crossing phoenix and Onagadori to achieve a phoenix with a longer tail length.
It is only a youtube video about unique breeds and they showed both so it's possible their facts got mixed up.

Good Morning/Evening Everyone!
Good day to you and all. Raining here again; a soft rain so far-hope it keeps up that way. All the bathtub ducklings are now outside. A good thing as I need the tub for some ill hens; eye infections. This winter it has been one thing right after another without pause. I sure will be glad when it's spring.

Back
Top Bottom