So for now we have 1 unfertilized egg, 1 dead duckling, 2 with splay leg and 8 not hatching. Might end up with 0 healthy ducklings :(

We've watched the band aid videos and are now going to try and help the little fluffballs.
They will turn into little rubber balls when you try to fiddle with their legs… 🤣

You can see in the video that their feet are slipping sideways on the towel. Again my eggsperience from last year: Washing towels with fabric softener and drying them in a dryer makes them slippery for duxling feet. Try to set them down on the carpet and they will zip around without any issue.
These are the dogs' towels, washed-out and rough. Following @Miss Lydia 's advice and Youtube videos we taped their legs with band-aids but also replaced the surface with the bathroom floor thingy. The net result is very good.

Yes, we're putting some in the water and making a goo, will also cook up some frozen peas and mash them. Plus they are getting a vitamin-mineral powder in their water and dry inactive yeast.

We also replaced the towel with a layer of the bathroom floor non slip foamy material. And they are running... tip tap tip tap... I just wish more than 2 out of 12 worked out but we're grateful for the two.
Don't give up yet!

I always thought you were supposed to use frozen peas thawed because of the salt content in the canned. My ducks won't touch them anyhow, just curious as I did try both types before and they just turned up their bills to them, lol.
my ducks go crazy for their warmed up frozen peas!!! and I’ve taught my geese to enjoy them as well. At first they didn’t want to touch them, but geese tend to accept things after it’s been around for a while so I continue to offer them and one day they realized they like them.
here’s Charlie with his bowl of peas

Back
Top Bottom