Someone on my bus route has a 15 foot tall Rooster made of metal and it is beautiful!!! I wondered if anyone made a duck like that. I could not believe it when I saw it. I have no idea where they found it but it looks really pretty and the kids on the bus love it.
There is a house on the route from the main-road to the holler i live in that is decorated with a flock of beautiful life-size geese wit goslings…
I looked around and the only stuff i could find are roughly duck resembling pool inflatables.

Dry (inactivated) brewers' yeast sprinkled over his food, finely mashed peas mixed in ... that's what we did with our poor under-developed little duck in the spring following @Miss Lydia and others' advice in the Quack Shack. Thanks again everybody.

For humans you can't overdose the B vitamin complex as they are water-soluble and any surplus gets washed out. It's only the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E) that can become a problem in overly large quantities. Hopefully that's valid for birds also?
I was about to say the same! - Can't overdose water-soluble Vitamins, the excess is peed out by mammals as well as birds.

I just got my nerves together and took Trudy's last egg from the nest right out from under her and I moved her outside. She’s very upset with me. Well, so is daddy gander ...
The only baby of the four eggs ( really 5 at first but one cracked).. that hatched Alive is the one I took away from them, I have to keep her* upstairs with me in a brooder until she* can at least walk well enough to go back with mom and dad. So I had to take her* away from them as soon as I noticed it . It’s sad three out of four eggs died in the final week, and the live one is lame, But I’m thankful for this little one, and I think she* will do just fine with lots of niacin and her* little boot 😍
((***Now I know that normally yellow pilgrim goz are males, however, I once had a gray pilgrim goz that turned out to be a male!! so I decided to have hope for this one to be female.))

@Jenbirdee I feel your pain when Missy had 4 eggs only one made it to hatch we both could hear it pecking on the egg shell and I was so excited next morning no sound nothing the little thing had died while trying to pip externally. So I went online and found someone not far away you had 2 goslings just hatched the day before. So we jump in the car and go get them. Well, stupid me, Missy was still sitting on her nest of nothing and wanted nothing to do with this 2 babies so of course we brooded them inside and everyday I would take them out and we would parade by Missy and Sams house Missy would look but not get up [I didn't know at the time I should make her get up and leave the nest.] I really don't think it would have done any good. She was in mourning I have no doubt about that. Well getting close to 2 going on 3 weeks now here we come me and the 2 goslings walking again by their house and finally she got up and came out next thing that happens is Missy and Sam and the 2 gosling and me are walking up the hill to their upper property after that she didn't look back. I kept them with me for a few more days until the evening her and Sam went in and the 2 goslings followed them. Thankfully you did get your little one from this hatch and hopefully soon Trudy will be able to have it her back and be a great mama. I just wanted to share my story with you.

@Jenbirdee I feel your pain when Missy had 4 eggs only one made it to hatch we both could hear it pecking on the egg shell and I was so excited next morning no sound nothing the little thing had died while trying to pip externally. So I went online and found someone not far away you had 2 goslings just hatched the day before. So we jump in the car and go get them. Well, stupid me, Missy was still sitting on her nest of nothing and wanted nothing to do with this 2 babies so of course we brooded them inside and everyday I would take them out and we would parade by Missy and Sams house Missy would look but not get up [I didn't know at the time I should make her get up and leave the nest.] I really don't think it would have done any good. She was in mourning I have no doubt about that. Well getting close to 2 going on 3 weeks now here we come me and the 2 goslings walking again by their house and finally she got up and came out next thing that happens is Missy and Sam and the 2 gosling and me are walking up the hill to their upper property after that she didn't look back. I kept them with me for a few more days until the evening her and Sam went in and the 2 goslings followed them. Thankfully you did get your little one from this hatch and hopefully soon Trudy will be able to have it her back and be a great mama. I just wanted to share my story with you.
thats so precious thank you!:love

Who knew dux would enjoy a little wood pile so much. 🤷🏼‍♀️
20240510_165949.jpg

Back
Top Bottom