The "Reason for the Season"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
lau.gif

I blame aliens in tiny space ships

Quote:
I have thoroughly infected this board with my knee-jerk attempt to answer almost anything with science.

The next step is teaching the art of the witty comeback.

tongue.png

It's only science, until it's fact. Sort of like religion and myths.

Agnostic here but I love Christmas trimmings, the certain songs and the love and food it brings............and a great way to break the blaaaaaaah's of coming winter!

Don't the Africans celebrate Christmas? I forgot what it was called.

Quote:
Why reindeers? Couldn't they use the beasts of burden? Like oxen or mules?

I thought they were more like Caribous, not mule deer, or NA/Canadian deer, etc. Those type of deer looking "fragile" are not made to carry cargo. Caribous and probably elks may have a better edge.

How did they get to name all those deer that pulled Santa's sleigh?

Quote:
I have thoroughly infected this board with my knee-jerk attempt to answer almost anything with science.

The next step is teaching the art of the witty comeback.

tongue.png

Let me know when you've properly learned the definition of the terms you used in your post, and then we can discuss the relationships between them.

smile.png

Quote:

Let me know when you've properly learned the definition of the terms you used in your post, and then we can discuss the relationships between them.

smile.png

AquaEyes - I love your witty comebacks and your outlook on most things.

Royd - We have a lot of facts in science. There are very few facts in religion, even in the "popular" one - mostly just beliefs and faith, which can't be proved.

You have chosen a good teacher (Royd) in which to entangle yourself.
gig.gif

Quote:

smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom