The rehoming a rooster thread

Hello there fellow members ! I haven't been on for years but still raising Marans. Need new blood. Located on the Georgia LINE in North Florida. My favs are Wheaton Marans, Blue/blk/splash, Black Copper, Blue Wheatons. Would love purebred Roos of any of the above if they were in driving distance. I will keep my fingers crossed 😉
I would post my phone if some tells me that is allowed. Thanks much. Nubian Terry.
I have no roosters, but personal info should be shared only in a pm (private message). If you find a contact with roos, they can tap on your name and click "start conversation" to open a pm. Good luck!

Roosters name: Henry
Breed: EE
Weight: 10lbs+
Size: Larger
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.): Friendly, good to the hens, has an awesome personality and doesn't panic, seems pretty level headed. I don't like when the feathers get ruffled from breeding and we find the dog chases the roosters so I'd like him to find another home
Photos:
20230222_132933.jpg

I see so many threads about roosters that sadly need to be rehomed that go unanswered and the roosters are likely slaughtered. That's why I decided to make the rooster rehoming thread. On this thread you can post about your rooster that needs to be rehomed and if someone is looking to find a rooster they can post on this thread. Its that simple!
Breed: Barred Plymouth Rock
Weight: 10+ lbs
Size: Large
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.): I need to rehome my rooster because unfortunately I cannot have any in my area, and he came surprisingly in my most recent chick order. He's not mean or aggressive, pretty chill, and healthy. He's free and I could drop him off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rooster's name: Casper
Breed: Light Brahma
Weight: not sure, 10 lbs-ish? He's a big boy
Size: extra large
About: Casper was a surprise rooster, he started showing male traits only a few weeks ago. He's started to fight with our other rooster to the point that we need to re-home one of them. He's never been aggressive towards people, but he's not super friendly either. He's got a lot of love to give to our 13 hens. He would do really well as a single rooster to at least 10 hens.
He is one of my favorites, it really breaks my heart to need to get rid of him. I've raised him since he was three days old - his birthday is Halloween 🎃.

UPDATE: found a home for this guy on Craigslist!

PXL_20230318_232107029.jpg

PXL_20230318_232104207.jpg

Last edited:
Roosters name:Bert
Breed: Easter Egger
Weight: aprox 4 pounds
Size: still growing
About rooster: Liberty, who turned out to be Bert, was an extra Easter Egger from Mt Healthy Hatchery. He was hatched on Feb 14. He came along with 10 other girls. He is a good boy, but city code won't allow me to keep him. I hand raised my chicks with lots of love, care, and interaction, so he will eat out of your hand and jump on your lap.
20230428_134854.jpg
20230428_134906.jpg
20230428_135255.jpg
20230428_134911.jpg

It's time, I need to rehome most of my cockerels. I have seven, they're 12 weeks old and starting to fight.

They're purebred Speckled Sussex bantams, coming from an NPIP certified AI free hatchery.

I'm in eastern NC, but am willing to meet somewhere as long as it's within 90 miles.

Here's a group picture of them from yesterday:

IMG_20230523_172106533.jpg

And this is basically what they'll look like when their adult plumage comes in (father):

Screenshot_20230401-071538-307.png

P.S. Until very recently they're been pretty chilled with each other. All will take treats from my hands.

IMG_20230520_120308567~2.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have a Serama Rooster that needs a new home? I am trying to find one for my Serama hens and having a hard time finding a roo. I am in WA state.

Roosters name: Rose
Breed: BYM Naked Neck with bowtie
Weight: unknown
Size: standard
About rooster: a very good boy with a goofy crow. I can't keep roosters in the neighborhood so he has to go. He gets along well with my 3 other roos (who also need rehoming).
Photos:

Attachments

• PXL_20230527_212000565.jpg
    PXL_20230527_212000565.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20230527_211937402.jpg
    PXL_20230527_211937402.jpg
    832.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom