The right chicken breeds for you!

Thank you for letting me know I'll try to be more specific next time!
thumbsup.gif

Hi, thank you for your charts but I was wondering if you have any personal opinions on any breeds?
hu.gif

Hi, thank you for your charts but I was wondering if you have any personal opinions on any breeds?
hu.gif

I would go with the Black Australorp since that goes with most of your wants from what I've raised. I raise Black Australorps and they are my favorite here's; some pictures of my Australorps.

Last edited:
How do you keep them looking so good!
ep.gif

In all honesty I don't know. They do it themselves. I make sure they always have plenty of clean water and places to take dust bathes and they do the preening along with the rest. I just give them what they need and the rest is up to them. Water can help the webbing of the feather become solid instead of parted. Dust bathes help remove old oils and bugs. Except for now since we just got a bunch of snow and now it's muddy here. They are not fans of the mud and tend to gather inside the coop during the winter months.

Well in winter we have a covered roof that they love so they spend almost all winter outside

Well in winter we have a covered roof that they love so they spend almost all winter outside
Next year I'll be planting rye grass in the one side of the run to help keep it from getting as muddy as it is now. I have one side planted with rye grass and that side is not as bad. Here's a picture of the eggs if you were wondering what they look like.

Back
Top Bottom