~*~The RP Restoration/Revival/Restart/ Advice/Advertisement/Chat Thread~*~

I'm here because….

• I have a dying RP. (Or two. Or a billion...)

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • My new RP isn't successful.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • I need some advice.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I just wanna talk RPs!

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'll say this too: Nothing created God. There was nothing before Him. We're not trying to blow your mind, you know. And we don't just throw it out there. It's what we believe. Heck, evolution and the Big Bang take just as much faith as Christianity or any other religion.

Oh, for the love of pastries! You're both talented debaters! Now, in the name of all things ridiculous, take it to PMs, next time!

(No, no, I'm not mad – however…a little much, yes?)

Is it over?

(Yes, we are done!)

[COLOR=EE82EE]Ahem. I don't want to add to the debate, but I will say this: I find the ideas that a big explosion created life, along with cross-species evolution, to be completely improbable. Just saying.[/COLOR]

Not to add to the debate, but I must reply. To me, Nose, Greek and Egyptian religions are improbable, I see no difference between them and any other religion, but you would say those are myth, and yours is real. See the problem? Everyone say that their belief is the "true" one, and that the others are not.

[COLOR=EE82EE]And I'll say this too: Nothing created God. There was nothing before Him. We're not trying to blow your mind, you know. And we don't just throw it out there. It's what we believe. Heck, evolution and the Big Bang take just as much faith as Christianity or any other religion.[/COLOR]

I understand that you believe in it, and I've read both Christian bibles. I only said that to point out the flaws in her argument. And no, there is no faith when it comes to evolution and the Big Bang, there is the scientific method: purpose, research, hypothesis, experiment, analysis, and conclusion. But the thing is, nothing is set in stone when it comes to science, and that's what makes it hard for some to take.

[COLOR=EE82EE]​Oh, for the love of pastries! You're both talented debaters! Now, in the name of all things ridiculous, take it to PMs, next time![/COLOR]

[COLOR=EE82EE](No, no, I'm not[/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE] mad – however…a little much, yes?)[/COLOR]

You should see my debating when it's not among friends. :lol:

Yes yes, if there is ever a next time, it will go to PMs. But I'm not looking for any more, on this forum, I mean, 'cause on a couple of my other forums, they would be unhappy if I stopped debating and discussing things!

[COLOR=EE82EE]Is it over?[/COLOR]

[/quote]

Yeah, I won't be saying anything else, I just needed to get a couple things straight.

Not to add to the debate, but I must reply. To me, Nose, Greek and Egyptian religions are improbable, I see no difference between them and any other religion, but you would say those are myth, and yours is real. See the problem? Everyone say that their belief is the "true" one, and that the others are not.
I understand that you believe in it, and I've read both Christian bibles. I only said that to point out the flaws in her argument. And no, there is no faith when it comes to evolution and the Big Bang, there is the scientific method: purpose, research, hypothesis, experiment, analysis, and conclusion. But the thing is, nothing is set in stone when it comes to science, and that's what makes it hard for some to take.
You should see my debating when it's not among friends.
lol.png

Yes yes, if there is ever a next time, it will go to PMs. But I'm not looking for any more, on this forum, I mean, 'cause on a couple of my other forums, they would be unhappy if I stopped debating and discussing things!

Yeah, I won't be saying anything else, I just needed to get a couple things straight.[/QUOTE]

Whoa there, mine is right. (That's okay, you can be wrong. :) ) Anyway, you say your belief is true, yes? And don't say it's not a belief – it takes as much faith to believe there's no God as to believe there is.

Personally, I think it might take more. Give me one example of cross-species evolution, please. Or blow something up and create life. All I need do is believe in God. You have to keep hunting.

I'm sure of my faith when I see leaves falling, when I see butterfly scales, when I see a sunset color the sky, when I see snowflakes, when I see all the things that make the world beautiful. And I wonder how people think there's no higher power making these things. I see these things and more and I know He's real.

And, hey, let's say I'm wrong and you're right. But wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone believed in God? Believed that life was worth something. Believed that humans were worth something more, and weren't on the same level of importance than a banana slug – for more than our intelligence. If everyone saw God in everyone else, believed in Heaven and Hell, and believed that there was always someone watching them who loved them forever unconditionally, wouldn't the world be a better place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertrude McFuzz

Whoa there, mine is right. (That's okay, you can be wrong. :) ) Anyway, you say your belief is true, yes? And don't say it's not a belief – it takes as much faith to believe there's no God as to believe there is.

Personally, I think it might take more. Give me one example of cross-species evolution, please. Or blow something up and create life. All I need do is believe in God. You have to keep hunting.

I'm sure of my faith when I see leaves falling, when I see butterfly scales, when I see a sunset color the sky, when I see snowflakes, when I see all the things that make the world beautiful. And I wonder how people think there's no higher power making these things. I see these things and more and I know He's real.

And, hey, let's say I'm wrong and you're right. But wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone believed in God? Believed that life was worth something. Believed that humans were worth something more, and weren't on the same level of importance than a banana slug – for more than our intelligence. If everyone saw God in everyone else, believed in Heaven and Hell, and believed that there was always someone watching them who loved them forever unconditionally, wouldn't the world be a better place?

(
clap.gif
)

((Never mind about me not saying anything if you don't stop! :lol: ))

[COLOR=EE82EE]Whoa there, mine is right. (That's okay, you can be wrong. :) ) Anyway, you say your belief is true, yes? And don't say it's not a belief – it takes as much faith to believe there's no God as to believe there is.[/COLOR]

LOL, and that's what I always hear. People, there is enough "proof" to support any and all ideas and beliefs out there, even UFOs and fairies. What makes one right, and one wrong? What if you were raised in another religion? You would believe that it was right, and to you, it would be.

How does evolution take faith? Please tell, because in my opinion, it takes scientific scrutiny, and that's it.

[COLOR=EE82EE]
Personally, I think it might take more. Give me one example of cross-species evolution, please. Or blow something up and create life. All I need do is believe in God. You have to keep hunting.[/COLOR]

Here's the thing, I could say: give me a miracle, please. Or anything really, being that it's been many centuries since there has been hide nor hair of "Him". Proof or lack there of for cross-species evolution, and being that the evidence for it is growing, doesn't prove or disprove the theory of cross-species evolution. I'm not going to post the many articles on the subject, that would only further this discussion that we are trying to stop...

And yes, all you need do is believe in god. It's simple and it tells you what to think, but I'm not interested in believing in something that tells me not to look for answers. Just look at the Garden of Eden, god did not want Adam and Eve to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge. I could go on and on.

[COLOR=EE82EE]
I'm sure of my faith when I see leaves falling, when I see butterfly scales, when I see a sunset color the sky, when I see snowflakes, when I see all the things that make the world beautiful. And I wonder how people think there's no higher power making these things. I see these things and more and I know He's real.[/COLOR]

I agree that the earth is beautiful, I see beauty everywhere! But for me, that doesn't proof anyone made it.

[COLOR=EE82EE]And, hey, let's say I'm wrong and you're right. But wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone believed in God? Believed that life was worth something. Believed that humans were worth something more, and weren't on the same level of importance than a [/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]banana slug – for more than our intelligence. If everyone saw God in everyone else, believed in Heaven and Hell, and believed that there was always someone watching them who loved them forever unconditionally, wouldn't the world be a better place?[/COLOR]

Na, I don't think the world would be a better place, because for one thing, when people see themselves as better than anyone or anything, they mistreat it. Example, the way animals are treated, especially when it comes to our food system, have you seen factory farms? Have you seen that video of a sick cow being pushed across the ground by a forklift? It happens all the time. Really, if you want proof of how humans act when they think they're worth more, just think of slavery, and I'm sure none of you would say that was a good thing.

Why does there have to be a god, to have meaning in life? I live a wonderful life with my loving family, and I find great worth in mine and others lives, I also find worth in the lives of the animals and plants I raise.

For another thing, the belief in heaven and hell does not make someone do the right thing, I have never believed in either, and I am more law-abiding and charitable than most of the Christians I know. And many I don't know, for that matter. It's not the religion that makes a person good, it's the person. There are many bad people who believe in god.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom