~*~The RP Restoration/Revival/Restart/ Advice/Advertisement/Chat Thread~*~

I'm here because….

• I have a dying RP. (Or two. Or a billion...)

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • My new RP isn't successful.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • I need some advice.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I just wanna talk RPs!

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPEAKING OF GOD WHY IN THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOMESTUCK RELATED DID HE LET A RELIGEOUS ARGUMENT BREAK OUT?
THIS IS RAGNARÖK. BRACE YOURSELVES FOR THE MIDGAURD SERPENT.

*snort*

(
clap.gif
)

Thank you.

Haha, I'm voting for Loki, Thor is an idiot! In my opinion...

Movie Thor certainly is. Myth Thor seems like fun though.

I'm not voting for anyone, I'm gonna be chilling with Hel in Nifelhim. Loki can enjoy being bound in his son's intestines while venom drips into his eyes.

What a lovely picture you paint, Drag. ;)

((Never mind about me not saying anything if you don't stop!
lol.png
))
LOL, and that's what I always hear. People, there is enough "proof" to support any and all ideas and beliefs out there, even UFOs and fairies. What makes one right, and one wrong? What if you were raised in another religion? You would believe that it was right, and to you, it would be.

How does evolution take faith? Please tell, because in my opinion, it takes scientific scrutiny, and that's it.
Here's the thing, I could say: give me a miracle, please. Or anything really, being that it's been many centuries since there has been hide nor hair of "Him". Proof or lack there of for cross-species evolution, and being that the evidence for it is growing, doesn't prove or disprove the theory of cross-species evolution. I'm not going to post the many articles on the subject, that would only further this discussion that we are trying to stop...

And yes, all you need do is believe in god. It's simple and it tells you what to think, but I'm not interested in believing in something that tells me not to look for answers. Just look at the Garden of Eden, god did not want Adam and Eve to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge. I could go on and on.
I agree that the earth is beautiful, I see beauty everywhere! But for me, that doesn't proof anyone made it.
Na, I don't think the world would be a better place, because for one thing, when people see themselves as better than anyone or anything, they mistreat it. Example, the way animals are treated, especially when it comes to our food system, have you seen factory farms? Have you seen that video of a sick cow being pushed across the ground by a forklift? It happens all the time. Really, if you want proof of how humans act when they think they're worth more, just think of slavery, and I'm sure none of you would say that was a good thing.

Why does there have to be a god, to have meaning in life? I live a wonderful life with my loving family, and I find great worth in mine and others lives, I also find worth in the lives of the animals and plants I raise.

For another thing, the belief in heaven and hell does not make someone do the right thing, I have never believed in either, and I am more law-abiding and charitable than most of the Christians I know. And many I don't know, for that matter. It's not the religion that makes a person good, it's the person. There are many bad people who believe in god.

Yes, I know, I should stop. And because it is (was, but it still is until Epiphany) Christmas, this will be my last post on this subject, to try and put some peace on this Earth.

1. Are you trying to say that because there are multiple religions, that means mine is wrong? :/ I have faith in my religion. I know that it's true.

2. Evolution takes faith because you have to believe it's true, even if there's no proof of cross-species evolution. Scientific scrutiny has never proved that it exists. Just theories. And you ask for a miracle? They can be seen everywhere. An example: This summer I was taking care of two ducklings that had been separated from their mother. One day, they escaped. I caught the first one pretty quickly, but the second one I couldn't find. I started praying, asking God for help. Then I saw the duckling. I tried to get to her, but I lost sight. I started praying again. And then I saw her. Every time I prayed, I saw her. Eventually, I caught her. Now, you probably call that luck, but I have faith. To me, that was a miracle. Then, when I released them, one flew into the bushes, and the other – who hadn't flown a day in his life – soared into the air. I didn't see him go down. That was beautiful. That was miraculous.

3. It doesn't just tell me what to think, thank you. I have free will – God-given, in fact – and considering that God loves us unconditionally, I'm pretty secure in trusting Him.

4. It's not just that it's beautiful – it's that the smallest details, like butterfly scales, are stunning. I don't think that's random. I don't think it's random that while no two snowflakes are alike, they all have six points. Like the Star of David. I believe that everything has a purpose.

5. Ouch. I don't want to be offensive here but – I kind of feel sorry for you. That's a really negative outlook. And in my faith, all life is sacred. Animals go to heaven too. It's not that we're better than everything else – it's that God has made us in His image, and we're worth a special something. That doesn't mean we should mistreat animals.

6. I'm not saying there has to be God for life to have meaning, exactly. But it's a wonderful thing to have. Because of God, I don't fear death, because it's not an ending. I even have the audacity to believe that after a stint in Purgatory, I'll be off to a better place.

7. Speaking of said better place…Heaven and Hell don't make anyone do the right thing – as I said, humans have free will – but they do influence. Anyway, if they don't exist, then why bother trying to be good? This is the only life you have! I'm not saying you see it that way, but plenty of others might. Also: please don't dis my brothers and sisters in the faith, yes? I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but it wasn't a very pleasant statement. And yes, I know that faith doesn't make a person good or bad. You have just as much of a chance as I do of getting to Heaven – and may God bless you and send you there when it's your time.

But there are many good people who believe in God. And in my parish family, there are people who I personally think should be nominated for sainthood.

So, I'll shut up now, I suppose.

Merry Christmas everyone, and may God bless you.

[COLOR=EE82EE]Movie Thor certainly is. Myth Thor seems like fun though.[/COLOR]

Haha, the one in the myths is always losing/throwing the Mjölnir, and having Loki go get it!

[COLOR=EE82EE]Yes, I know, I should stop. And because it is (was, but it still is until Epiphany) Christmas, this will be my last post on this subject, to try and put some peace on this Earth.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=EE82EE]​1. Are you trying to say that because there are multiple religions, that means mine is wrong? :/ I have faith in my religion. I know that it's true.[/COLOR]

Not in any way, my only point was that any of them could be wright or wrong. They all say that they're right, but there is really no way to prove one is right and another is not, it just comes down to faith in it.

[COLOR=EE82EE]2. Evolution takes faith because you have to believe it's true, even if there's no proof of cross-species evolution. Scientific scrutiny has never proved that it exists. Just theories. And you ask for a miracle? They can be seen everywhere. An example: This summer I was taking care of two ducklings that had been separated from their mother. One day, they escaped. I caught the first one pretty quickly, but the second one I couldn't find. I started praying, asking God for help. Then I saw the duckling. I tried to get to her, but I lost sight. I started praying again. And then I saw her. Every time I prayed, I saw her. Eventually, I caught her. Now, you probably call that luck, but I have faith. To me, that was a miracle. Then, when I released them, one flew into the bushes, and the other – who hadn't flown a day in his life – soared into the air. I didn't see him go down. That was beautiful. That was miraculous.[/COLOR]

You have me wrong, I don't think that those sort of things are luck, I think that it's positive thought, and I've had very similar things happen to me, and one was with a piglet. The piglet had been attacked by horses we were boarding, and it was nightfall. I had just got home and discovered what had happened, but I couldn't find the piglet. So I calmed myself and just knew that I'd find her, and started walking where my feet led me. I found her, down by the road hiding in the fallen leafs, just as the sun set. I guess I come across as more of a cynic than I am!

[COLOR=EE82EE]3. It doesn't just tell me what to think, thank you. I have free will – God-given, in fact – and considering that God loves us unconditionally, I'm pretty secure in trusting Him.[/COLOR]

All right, I understand that you have free will, I'm only going off of what I've read in your bible.

[COLOR=EE82EE]​4. It's not just that it's beautiful – it's that the smallest details, like butterfly scales, are stunning. I don't think that's random. I don't think it's random that while no two snowflakes are alike, they all have six points. Like the Star of David. I believe that everything has a purpose.[/COLOR]

*whispers* I believe everything has a purpose as well, just not that it was created! I know, I'm not religious, I'm an atheist.

[COLOR=EE82EE]5. Ouch. I don't want to be offensive here but – I kind of feel sorry for you. That's a really negative outlook. And in my faith, all life is sacred. Animals go to heaven too. It's not that we're better than everything else – it's that God has made us in His image, and we're worth a special something. That doesn't mean we should mistreat animals.[/COLOR]

That's not offensive. I have a realistic outlook, and I'm glad of it, I like being well informed on world matters. I'm not saying that you think animals should be mistreated, I only speak from my experience. You see it a lot in horse training, some people just see them as animals, so think it's alright to "train" them in a very bad manner. I have a rescue horse, Diamond, that is the sweetest, most loving and easy going horse ever, who was beaten and starved by her prevues owners. It's hard to believe that people could do that to her.

[COLOR=EE82EE]6. I'm not saying there has to be God for life to have meaning, exactly. But it's a wonderful thing to have. Because of God, I don't fear death, because it's not an ending. I even have the audacity to believe that after a stint in Purgatory, I'll be off to a better place.[/COLOR]

Yeah, I understand that, and I'm sure that if what you believe is real, you'll have no trouble getting into heaven. It's not audacious!

[COLOR=EE82EE]7. Speaking of said better place…Heaven and Hell don't make anyone do the right thing – as I said, humans have free will – but they do influence. Anyway, if they don't exist, then why bother trying to be good? This is the only life you have! I'm not saying you see it that way, but plenty of others might. Also: please don't dis my brothers and sisters in the faith, yes? I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but it wasn't a very pleasant statement. And yes, I know that faith doesn't make a person good or bad. You have just as much of a chance as I do of getting to Heaven – and may God bless you and send you there when it's your time.[/COLOR]

Yes, fear of burning for eternity can influence some people to do the right thing. How I see it, you get what you give, not always immediately, but it will eventually come back to you, good and bad. I did not intend it like that, again, I was only speaking from my experience, and in no way was saying that all Christians are that way, I know many who embody the Christian values and are wonderful people. Well, thank you, I appreciate the sentiment.

[COLOR=EE82EE]But there are many good people who believe in God. And in my parish family, there are people who I personally think should be nominated for sainthood.[/COLOR]

I don't disagree in any way, just as the lack of belief in god doesn't make someone good or bad, the belief doesn't make someone good or bad.

[COLOR=EE82EE]So, I'll shut up now, I suppose.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=EE82EE]Merry Christmas everyone, and may God bless you.[/COLOR]

I'll shut up as well.

Happy Holidays, and a happy new year for all.

Last edited:
Haha, the one in the myths is always losing/throwing the Mjölnir, and having Loki go get it!
Not in any way, my only point was that any of them could be wright or wrong. They all say that they're right, but there is really no way to prove one is right and another is not, it just comes down to faith in it.
You have me wrong, I don't think that those sort of things are luck, I think that it's positive thought, and I've had very similar things happen to me, and one was with a piglet. The piglet had been attacked by horses we were boarding, and it was nightfall. I had just got home and discovered what had happened, but I couldn't find the piglet. So I calmed myself and just knew that I'd find her, and started walking where my feet led me. I found her, down by the road hiding in the fallen leafs, just as the sun set. I guess I come across as more of a cynic than I am!
All right, I understand that you have free will, I'm only going off of what I've read in your bible.
*whispers* I believe everything has a purpose as well, just not that it was created! I know, I'm not religious, I'm an atheist.
That's not offensive. I have a realistic outlook, and I'm glad of it, I like being well informed on world matters. I'm not saying that you think animals should be mistreated, I only speak from my experience. You see it a lot in horse training, some people just see them as animals, so think it's alright to "train" them in a very bad manner. I have a rescue horse, Diamond, that is the sweetest, most loving and easy going horse ever, who was beaten and starved by her prevues owners. It's hard to believe that people could do that to her.
Yeah, I understand that, and I'm sure that if what you believe is real, you'll have no trouble getting into heaven. It's not audacious!
Yes, fear of burning for eternity can influence some people to do the right thing. How I see it, you get what you give, not always immediately, but it will eventually come back to you, good and bad. I did not intend it like that, again, I was only speaking from my experience, and in no way was saying that all Christians are that way, I know many who embody the Christian values and are wonderful people. Well, thank you, I appreciate the sentiment.

I don't disagree in any way, just as the lack of belief in god doesn't make someone good or bad, the belief doesn't make someone good or bad.
I'll shut up as well.

Happy Holidays, and a happy new year for all.

You have a horse named Diamond (Thank God she's found a good home with you!)? I recommend At the Back of the North Wind by George MacDonald – they have a horse and a boy named Diamond, and it's a really gorgeous story.

Last edited:
[COLOR=EE82EE]You have a horse named Diamond (Thank God she's found a good home with you!)? I recommend At the Back of the North Wind by George MacDonald – they have a horse and a boy named Diamond, and it's a really gorgeous story.[/COLOR]

Yeah, she came with the name, but we couldn't think of anything that suited her better. Diamond in the rough. she's a real sweetie, but when I first adopted her you couldn't even touch her, she was so scared of people.

That was her this spring, she was a bit fluffy (as in extra pounds) because a hadn't been able to work her with the move and all. But now, her training is really going well, we think she was once extremely well trained, because she'll do thinks like: once, I was trying to pick up her front feet and I touched a spot just below her knee, and she full on bowed!

I'll have to look that book up, I've always liked ones about horses and the like. Go figure that one. :p

Yeah, she came with the name, but we couldn't think of anything that suited her better. Diamond in the rough. she's a real sweetie, but when I first adopted her you couldn't even touch her, she was so scared of people.

That was her this spring, she was a bit fluffy (as in extra pounds) because a hadn't been able to work her with the move and all. But now, her training is really going well, we think she was once extremely well trained, because she'll do thinks like: once, I was trying to pick up her front feet and I touched a spot just below her knee, and she full on bowed!

I'll have to look that book up, I've always liked ones about horses and the like. Go figure that one.
tongue.png

Aw, what pretty girl! (Shh, it's just pony fat! ;) )

I will say that it's not about the horse so much as the boy and North Wind. Come to think of it, it might be a bit spiritual – not like shove-it-in-your-face spiritual, but I figured I should mention. It's very sweet though, and George MacDonald's writing is absolutely gorgeous.

[COLOR=EE82EE]Aw, what pretty girl! (Shh, it's just pony fat! ;) )[/COLOR]

[COLOR=EE82EE]I will say that it's not about the horse so much as the boy and North Wind. Come to think of it, it might be a bit spiritual – not like shove-it-in-your-face spiritual, but I figured I should mention. It's very sweet though, and George MacDonald's writing is absolutely gorgeous.[/COLOR]

Thanks, I think so! And from what I've heard from horse breeders, she is a looker. ;) ((I think she'd be more offended with being called a pony! I can just imagine her now... "Pony? I'm a 14-1/2 hands Arab with great lines, I've been given many a complement, no pony here!"))

Still sounds great, I like a nice spiritual story, and the writing is what really matters.

Last edited:
Thanks, I think so! And from what I've heard from horse breeders, she is a looker.
wink.png
((I think she'd be more offended with being called a pony! I can just imagine her now... "Pony? I'm a 14-1/2 hands Arab with great lines, I've been given many a complement, no pony here!"))

Still sounds great, I like a nice spiritual story, and the writing is what really matters.

Oh dear! Well, send my apologies and compliments! ;)

Well if that's what it's about for you, George MacDonald is awesome! He has a very elegant, fairytale-esque style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom