The Run thread

We are in the process of giving my peeps a bigger run. For six chickens (5 hens and 1 roo) we have used a 15' diameter trampoline but all we need to do on the new run will be to put up the wire, netting and door and they will have a 22' by 40' run. We plan to keep the trampoline inside it to give them some shade on sunny days and to help keep them dry in the ran. In April I will be getting another 18 chickens so I hope that the run will be enough for them. They will have roosts out in the run for when they want to get up high and there are three separate smallish coops that will be just enough (based on previous experience) for the chickens. I'll post pics once it is done. Hopefully in the next week.

Our progress so far.

Last edited:
Glad to see this thread. Friends gave us some chickens which are in a temporary run in the garage for now. Next week is coop and run construction time. Lots of good ideas here. I'll share pics when I'm done.

Alex

Last edited:
aart has an awesome coop and run,so jealous getting ready to build my permanent run and trying to figure out multiple trees in the way. hubby wants to extend off of my coop roof at the joists for the run roof and frame in the sides. he was talking of using stainless chicken wire for the entire run. I vetoed that idea and bought welded wire with 1"x2" space in the wire. may not stop a weasel but the other list of predators we have can't fit through. thank you all for your ideas and sharing them!! research never stops.

Back
Top Bottom