The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich

amillecay

Songster
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
I know there are quite a few of you guys who read them because I made a thread almost a year ago and got many responses :)

So who saw the movie? And what did you think about it? Also do you have a favorite book out of all 18? :)

The movie was much better than I expected it to be, I always think that the books are always better than the movies. My favorite book was the one where Grandma shot the turkey on the table and tased Stephanie's father! Any of them make me laugh. I have read all of them.
I did not love some of the "teen" books, but 17 & 18 were pretty good!

I love them. I think a few there, she just threw together quick to get the publisher off her back. Really I do.

Of all of them.. I am going to have to say I liked the 3rd one best because that's when LULA really showed up. Grandma Mazur is a hoot!

ANYWAY! The movie... Hmmm. I didn't like Debbie Reynolds as Grandma. She wasn't right. Grandma Mazur was much more spunky in the book. She was also pencil thin. I think though that they did get Lula right. I had always said that if they ever made a movie, Sherri Sheppard should be Lula, and that was back in the day when she was on the short lived sitcom Almost Perfect. And I think Stephanie was alright. I think she did a really good job. I didn't expect that. AND the guy who played Morelli, yummy... The guy who played Ranger... DID NOT look right for my imaginings. That guy was good looking, but NOT what I pictured him to be. BUT, he was alright too. SO, all in all, I liked the movie especially since it did a good job following the book.

The movie was much better than I expected it to be, I always think that the books are always better than the movies. My favorite book was the one where Grandma shot the turkey on the table and tased Stephanie's father! Any of them make me laugh. I have read all of them.
I did not love some of the "teen" books, but 17 & 18 were pretty good!
I didn't think the movie was as good as I though it would be but that's probably just because for a few of the characters I pictured different but otherwise I though it was really good and I hope they continue with them for sure, I would love to see who they pick out for Tank, i'm still having a hard time figuring out what he looks like for sure.

I don't know what my favorite is at all, so far I've enjoyed all of them :)

I love them. I think a few there, she just threw together quick to get the publisher off her back. Really I do.

Of all of them.. I am going to have to say I liked the 3rd one best because that's when LULA really showed up. Grandma Mazur is a hoot!

ANYWAY! The movie... Hmmm. I didn't like Debbie Reynolds as Grandma. She wasn't right. Grandma Mazur was much more spunky in the book. She was also pencil thin. I think though that they did get Lula right. I had always said that if they ever made a movie, Sherri Sheppard should be Lula, and that was back in the day when she was on the short lived sitcom Almost Perfect. And I think Stephanie was alright. I think she did a really good job. I didn't expect that. AND the guy who played Morelli, yummy... The guy who played Ranger... DID NOT look right for my imaginings. That guy was good looking, but NOT what I pictured him to be. BUT, he was alright too. SO, all in all, I liked the movie especially since it did a good job following the book.
You know who I pictured the PERFECT Grandma Mazur to be? Betty White, I thought she would have totally been the best person for that!! I think Sherrie Sheppard was great for that role, pretty much just how I pictured Lula. When I first heard about the movie I had no idea who they would pick for Steph no one really came to mind but I do think she did a really good job. Oh yes, yes the guys who played Morelli, I agree. I was a bit surprised when I saw he was playing that role, I didn't think he looked right for it but all in all I think he did an okay job. :)

Have you liked Janet Evanovich on Facebook? She asked who everyone would pick for Steph and tons of people are saying Sandra Bullock. She's got the right personality for it I think. I agree that Gma should have been Betty White. She would have been perfect. All in all the movie wasn't bad but it didn't live up to my expectations.

Anyone noticed how sissified the books are becoming? I reread book 1 for the movie and I'd forgotten how dark they were. Now they're all funsies and no scary parts. My favorite is hard to pick. Probably when Steph got Bob. I rather love Bob. Funny dog!

Have you liked Janet Evanovich on Facebook? She asked who everyone would pick for Steph and tons of people are saying Sandra Bullock. She's got the right personality for it I think. I agree that Gma should have been Betty White. She would have been perfect. All in all the movie wasn't bad but it didn't live up to my expectations.

Anyone noticed how sissified the books are becoming? I reread book 1 for the movie and I'd forgotten how dark they were. Now they're all funsies and no scary parts. My favorite is hard to pick. Probably when Steph got Bob. I rather love Bob. Funny dog!
I just now did :) I could see Sandra as Steph, now that Katherine has been picked as her I actually like her for the role. Like I said I enjoyed the movie but same for me it just didn't quite live up to my expectations.

I have noticed that, I recently reread the first book, about a week ago and then I went back to some of the teen books, the early ones though like fearless fourteen, are really good as you get into the later teens they don't seem like they are as dark, I liked the dark parts it really got me going and I would get sooo sucked into the book, I never wanted to put it down!!

Ive only read one of the books so far, but I really enjoyed it (laughed outloud a lot) and Im looking forward to reading the rest. Somehow I missed the movie but perhaps I can get it on netflicks.

Chel

Back
Top Bottom