the things your chickens WILL NOT eat

Someone had given me a bag of layer pellets so I mixed them in with what I had already. Mine were the really light pellets, and the others were dark. All my chickens picked out the original pellets and wouldn't touch the others.. not sure why, unopened, non moldy bag.. they apparently like the light ones..
big_smile.png

I noticed a lot of people said carrots. Mine love them! Especially cooked
tongue.png

I would say.. they don't care for cabbage much at all. They love peas. Lettuce will only get eaten in the winter.

Won't eat> zucchini, lettuce, cucumber, english peas, celery, carrot skins, turnips from the garden, anything with salt on it:sick, cicadas, onions, bell peppers, marigolds,

pick at> raw okra..it gets their beaks all sticky...lol

love love love> if it hops or wriggles, ripe tomatoes, noodles, bread, meat on the bone, watermelon, cantaloupe, pie slices-pumpkin and sweet potato, cooked sweet potatoes, corn cobs from supper, radishes from the garden (they devour the pink off the roots),

It's hard to tell what they are eating and what the rabbits are eating since they share. However there is a turnip that's been in the run for a few weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom