The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
I have a question it says I can feed my one week old ducklings beans. What kind of beans is it I can feed them?
Thanks

Any beans if they are cooked, never feed dry beans raw those are toxic... says to overcook, in fact...

Raw is green beans, chopped very fine... yours are outside with mama, right? So they should be able to get grit out of the dirt etc, but I would make sure they have accese to some...

Frozen peas thawed out make a good treat for the little ones too... ;)

Last edited:
Any beans if they are cooked, never feed dry beans raw those are toxic... says to overcook, in fact...

Raw is green beans, chopped very fine... yours are outside with mama, right? So they should be able to get grit out of the dirt etc, but I would make sure they have accese to some...

Frozen peas thawed out make a good treat for the little ones too... ;)
they are only 12 days old are peas ok to give them? I fed moma some meal worms and the babies got some I hope it's ok

they are only 12 days old are peas ok to give them? I fed moma some meal worms and the babies got some I hope it's ok

Absolutely ok... they're outside, got access to dirt/sand/grit, right? My 2 mommas had their babies out foraging by day 2... eating roly polys, worms, grubs and any bug that moved...

Is raw rolled oats okay? The original list mentioned cooked oatmeal. Not raw rolled oats. Can I throw some in their pool? Some are almost 5 weeks and some are almost 4 weeks.

Thanks. I already have grit, and I was giving it to them in the brooder but stopped once they went outside. I was thinking about giving them some anyway.

Back
Top Bottom