The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
I was talking about little stones, not cornmeal. I do feed my muscovies whole grain: corn, barley and wheat.

Ah, grit, not grits. I was thinking of the food.

Yes, keeping a bowl of grit where they can get to it is a good thing, especially if they're not free-ranging.

0.jpg

Peas are the very best things ever, according to my ducks. Also, dogs are annoying.

My ducks and chickens enjoy Kale. I scatter shredded Kale into the duck pool and scatter whole leaves on the ground for the chickens. Everyone goes nuts. I know it is high in protein so feel it is one of the better greens from the garden to give them.

My ducks and chickens enjoy Kale. I scatter shredded Kale into the duck pool and scatter whole leaves on the ground for the chickens. Everyone goes nuts. I know it is high in protein so feel it is one of the better greens from the garden to give them.
Good to know about kale! We're starting to plan our backyard garden and last year I used all the lettuce for duck treats. Will plant kale, too!

Quote: Here in Southern CA kale becomes a perennial. So many new and beautiful varieties are available it is one of our favorite garden plants but this is a thread for a different blog. Kale is very good for you as well. Enjoy, DB

Last edited:
Good to know about kale! We're starting to plan our backyard garden and last year I used all the lettuce for duck treats. Will plant kale, too!
Here in Southern CA kale becomes a perennial. So many new and beautiful varieties are available it is one of our favorite garden plants but this is a thread for a different blog. Kale is very good for you as well. Enjoy, DB

Does anybody know if we have to regulate their intake of Kale?We feed it to them on a regular at play time. They love it as a treat, and we plan on them being garden ducks when spring hits. Are there certain veggies that we should regulate, or is it alright to give them what they want?

Back
Top Bottom