The Wally-Gee Bee Journey 🐝

Pics
A little intrusive, don’t you think?
The camera? My mom and step dad have a camera in their Screech owl nestboxes. She sends me pictures of them all the time.

The glass hives are just creepy to me. Becuase bugs are creepy. And while bees are kinda cute, a whole butt ton of them crawling around gives me the heebie jeebies.

1684787929241.png

A little baby dead bee?
It looks like a newly emerged bee. Some reasons for that happening are, the bee got banged up during an inspection, not unusual. Starvation. A disease like DWV (deformed wing virus) that is vectored by varroa mites. You can usually tell if its DWV if the wings are missing or crinkled up and a short abdomen.

Last edited:
It looks like a newly emerged bee. Some reasons for that happening are, the bee got banged up during an inspection, not unusual. Starvation. A disease like DWV (deformed wing virus) that is vectored by varroa mites. You can usually tell if its DWV if the wings are missing or crinkled up and a short abdomen.
Yes, the wings were missing. Abdomen seemed as normal as it could be for a dead bee that I found on the ground. They keep the hive clean and I like to see what is getting dragged out and how much. Thankfully, it’s only a random find and not tens or hundreds.

Back
Top Bottom