The "What Color Is My Chicken?" thread! Calling all color experts!

Pics
She is a millefleur that also carries dominant white. This has a similar effect on the groundcolor as the "lemon" gene (ig/ig) has, but it can not be used to create a lemon millefleur.

To answer a previous question, no, Co/co; E/E would certainly not have that much gold leakage.

And to add something to a statement above, Mille Fleur + Dominant White is Gold Necked. I think the reason she looks cream is, like Henk mentioned, DW washes out groundcolor.

if Co/co E/E (actually i think she would be E/e^b but since E is dominant would it matter?) would not have that much gold leakage, what would?

This has nothing to do with my little chickens, but does the cha gene have an effect on the golden yellow leakage in lavenders? Since true black or bronze has gold leakage, wouldn't lavender on bronze have that yellow leakage (besides what is caused by sunlight and corn) so a lavender rooster with leakage who was very nice in other respects might be Cha/cha and cabable of producing cha/cha offspring and therefore still useful for breeding?

Could the hen (snowflake) be e^b/e^b Co/co with dominant white washing out her body color? Her body is not really bright white. Is it likely for a feed store lavender OEGB to be carrying e^b?

are welsummers e^b/e^b?

This is what i was talking about:

True-Black (as seen in Stara fowl and Bow Lake fowl) with only one genetic change from wildtype (the E gene), look like Black Copper with yet more of an advance of black. True-Black is also called Gold Birchen (incorrect) or Bronze (correct). The Hackles of a cock are groundcolor, as are the shoulders. The Saddles may have such vague ground leakage that they look bronze (hence the term Bronze). Every where else is black, and the hens are almost total black, with the exception that elder hens develope the odd ground-color fleck here and there by the hackles. Self Black (much more common) is True Black with Recessive Black (cha/cha). This isn't passed onto the offspring in a cross, so in theory, a cross between Black and a colored bird would result in (in most cases) Phenotype Bronze birds.

Back
Top Bottom