There are tons of our feathered friends in shelters =[ but wait............. we can help!!!!

TammyTootles

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 30, 2012
Bridgeport ,Texas
Go to www.petfinder.com and search for perfectly adoptable chickens
D.gif
n your area =] ..Give these little birds their second chance!!!
love.gif
Just enter in chicken under the breed and lets start adopting :) Who knows you may find a four legged friend as well
thumbsup.gif

highfive.gif

Nevrmind I guess, they won't adopt any out more than 90 miles from their place. The terms of adoption say the birds cannot be used for breeding, egg production for profit, or slaughter, so basically using a chicken like the farm animal it is. They want all their birds to become someone's pet. It's too bad...

Nevrmind I guess, they won't adopt any out more than 90 miles from their place. The terms of adoption say the birds cannot be used for breeding, egg production for profit, or slaughter, so basically using a chicken like the farm animal it is. They want all their birds to become someone's pet. It's too bad...

I never got that far I looked and noticed everything was just too far away, but I think they stipulate no breeding for all animals but the problem is not all rescues are listed on all sites and the local animal shelters aren't on there either and they might have chickens or other farm animals but I wonder the adoption costs on them as well I knew one rescue focused on dogs but they did get occasional other animals just because sometimes someone had 20-30 dogs 2-3 cats and a few other animals and the rescue took the whole lot rather than have the shelter put all the dogs down because they'd be so overwhelmed with animals.....

I am pretty sure that the breeding thing is just for mammals ...you cant neuter or spay birds...lol so I would call them and just check into it. besides they are much better off on a farm than in a shelter =]

Back
Top Bottom