There are tons of our feathered friends in shelters =[ but wait............. we can help!!!!

I am pretty sure that the breeding thing is just for mammals ...you cant neuter or spay birds...lol so I would call them and just check into it. besides they are much better off on a farm than in a shelter =]

Really you can't fix a rooster then what is a caponized rooster????

edited by staff for language

Last edited by a moderator:
They dont allow you to pick up birds, they HAVE to deliver and they will only do so up to 90 miles from their shelter. It's too bad I would love to have at least a dozen of the birds they have listed.

Thats too bad.. so many hungry families in this country and they just let them sit in shelters when some family could use the meat... for shame! :(

Quote:
You can't be serious. You mean actually use these chickens for food?? Horrors!! Keep in mind that a good percentage of animal rescue organizations are run by people with no sense of the real world. And adopting an animal, any animal, from them is an absolute nightmare.

Thats too bad.. so many hungry families in this country and they just let them sit in shelters when some family could use the meat... for shame! :(

You can't be serious. You mean actually use these chickens for food?? Horrors!! Keep in mind that a good percentage of animal rescue organizations are run by people with no sense of the real world. And adopting an animal, any animal, from them is an absolute nightmare.

Your right, a lot of people that run organization like that are very disconnected. It's too bad, they take a good idea and ruin it with their own perception of how an animal should live. Chicken to me are farm animals, not pets. I don't have a problem with people wanting a chicken as a pet as long as they don't care if I raise them for food/eggs.

And speaking of nut jobs if you have never seen "I am an animal: the story of Ingrid newkirk" watch it. It was originally on HBO.

Sad, but true. There are GOOD animal rescue organiations, and then there are moneygrubbing/making groups who garner donations by maxing out their faciities and posting pictures of poor/mistreated/lonely animals. Check out the salaries of the upper management of these organizations and some of the horror stories of animals mistreated and killed while in their 'care'. YES, I have a problem with the money making disconnect driving some of these organizations.

Back
Top Bottom