There's a strange fuzzing sound coming from my baby chick?,

I unfortunately cant, I tried but it isn't heard through the video, I can only hear it if I put the chick directly right next to my ear. However just like @FrostyWind said, it sounds exactly like those pop candies that pop in your mouth, I think its the best way to define the sound.
Is it kind of like your hair up against your pillow at night? Only your ear can hear it? That grinding crunching sound like that? If so then I think that your chick’s air sacs maybe what is making the sound and it could be the rales which Wyorp is referring to.

I unfortunately cant, I tried but it isn't heard through the video, I can only hear it if I put the chick directly right next to my ear. However just like @FrostyWind said, it sounds exactly like those pop candies that pop in your mouth, I think its the best way to define the sound.
Has the noise stopped?
Could be a developmental issue that she grows out of. If she's eating/drinking and active, I would just monitor her.

Hey, I made a whole account just to respond to this thread, same thing is going on with my chick, did u ever find out what it was? how is ur chick now? hoping it was nothing serious? idk how to use this website so ugh just reply whenever u see this, im worried for my chick and ur the only person i’ve seen with the same exact issue. thank you ❤
Sorry I took this long,
But she's doing pretty amazing 😍
No issues at all.
I'll post a picture tomorrow

I just found your post doing a Google search. It's the only thing I could find on the internet. I just started hearing this with my chick. Did you ever find out what it was?

I just found your post doing a Google search. It's the only thing I could find on the internet. I just started hearing this with my chick. Did you ever find out what it was?
Welcome To BYC

The OP (Original Poster) of the thread has not been on since 2021 so they may not see or reply to your question.

If you can get a video of the chick making the noise it may be helpful.

Upload video to youtube or similar platform and provide a link.

Other info that would be helpful is age of the chick, how is she being kept (brooder?), what is fed, a photo of the poop, etc.

Thanks!

Did it just stop? I have a six day old this is happening and she has also been spitting back up. Her crop feels like a balloon.
Did it just stop? I have a five day old and this is happening. Her crop is like a balloon.
Welcome To BYC

The OP (person you are quoting) has not been on since 2021 and the thread is from 2020.

Can you start a thread of your own or at least post some photos along with adding some information in relation to your chick and her symptoms?
Photos of Chick, her poop, the brooder setup, temp of brooder, what you feed, etc.?

Is she spitting up water on her own or when you pick her up?
When are you feeling her crop - when she's been eating/drinking? Is it emptying at all?
Is the chick pooping?

A crop that is not emptying and like a balloon may have a blockage - do you provide chick grit for your chicks?
I'd work on hydration, get some coconut oil into her and see if that gets things moving.

Welcome To BYC

The OP (Original Poster) of the thread has not been on since 2021 so they may not see or reply to your question.

If you can get a video of the chick making the noise it may be helpful.

Upload video to youtube or similar platform and provide a link.

Other info that would be helpful is age of the chick, how is she being kept (brooder?), what is fed, a photo of the poop, etc.

Thanks!

Welcome To BYC

The OP (person you are quoting) has not been on since 2021 and the thread is from 2020.

Can you start a thread of your own or at least post some photos along with adding some information in relation to your chick and her symptoms?
Photos of Chick, her poop, the brooder setup, temp of brooder, what you feed, etc.?

Is she spitting up water on her own or when you pick her up?
When are you feeling her crop - when she's been eating/drinking? Is it emptying at all?
Is the chick pooping?

A crop that is not emptying and like a balloon may have a blockage - do you provide chick grit for your chicks?
I'd work on hydration, get some coconut oil into her and see if that gets things moving.
Thank you for replying. I realized that I was hearing her insides working. I gave her a little acv and short vigorous massage and her crop started emptying again. She’s doing great and she’s super cute. Heres a pic
IMG_2718.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom