thermostat wiring help gqf 3255

encorepistol

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
MO
Ive got a homemade cabinet incunator and have had it working for 2 years now and bought an electric multi turn thermostat and was curious as to how to wire it properly. Ive just got the fan and heating element not the turner like the sportsman has. I had it hooked up once like the directions showed but it took the temp way high so I unhooked it and figured Id ask for help. Might be a bad thermostat als idk. It came from cutler suply.

I have installed a number of them over the years using the supplied instructions. Note the thermostat is polarity sensitive and if you make a wrong connection it will be ruined. I suspect that may already be the case. You need to find someone with electrical experience take a look for you. Keep in mind the thermostat is acting as a switched neutral . Thermostat does not energize the heating coil.

Ya Ive wired stuff a lot and positive the polarity was correct but not sure why it would let the incubator heat up that high. If it blew the electronics Id think it wouldnt heat at all.

Back
Top Bottom