These little ones arrived today!!

mamaboyd

Songster
12 Years
Jun 6, 2007
Kendal.Ontario,Canada
Some of my ducks hatched today, yippee!!

The black ones are Swedish and the yellow ones are Campbells I think...they were my surprise eggs! I still have 2 more ducklings almost completely out of the shells and one more with pips in it. Than I have to wait another week for my Muscovy's to hatch
jumpy.gif

100_2886.jpg

100_2883.jpg

100_2885.jpg

100_2884.jpg

I thought campbells we're more brown than yellow? I had one for a verrrry long time and the neighbor's dog got it this yr while I was at school, came home feathers everywhere.
Their adorable though ^_^

Aww, Aren't they the cutiest little fuzzie butts?

I noticed you have a beagle/aussie in your siggie. We have one too. Is yours more beaglish or ausie like?

Quote:
Mine's more aussie but she has the beagle look around her eyes. She's very smart and easy to train and doesn't follow her nose everywhere like our beagle does, lol ~she loves to try and herd our animals around too
lol.png

Quote:
I'm guessing they might be Campbells as they came from pale eggs and I thought they were supposed to be Muscovy's
th.gif

If anybody else knows what they may be, please let me know as I'm new to raising ducks and have no clue!!
big_smile.png

are they the standard Khaki Campbells? Those are solid brown...no yellow at all (I got some this summer).

But I heard that Campbells can come in other colors
hu.gif
(I think).

I guess I've some researching to do. The guy I got the eggs from just gathered up a bunch of eggs and mentioned Swedish, Muscovy and maybe Campbells, but he had every type of duck you could imagine there so they could be anything. I won't complain, he gave the eggs to me for free...just wish I knew what the yellow ones are.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom