They Grow Up So Fast, but what is it??

I got all these chicks from Rural king but I am doubtful I got what I thought I was buying

In my flock I'm supposed to have 2 golden comets and 2 are variety colored layers.

I know one is a leg horn, one black sex link, one buff Orrington, and one bantam, but the others are a mystery.

My chicks are almost 10 weeks old. I know pretty confidently what sex and breed a few are but there are 3 or 4 that got me wondering....

First is my big Brown Bear who is not so brown anymore

Then comes Janie Bird

Followed by Amber who may not be a female.
This one is my favorite, it will let you pick it up. It with climb in my lap and it has perched on my shoulder. It let me pet it, this is my ideal chicken so far.

I didn't include the pictures of the ones that I already know the breed of
In that case, if they sourced them from Hoovers (like they do where I live), Amber could be your golden comet, and the others could be Starlight Green Eggers and/or possibly olive eggers. No Prairie Bluebell Eggers that I see.

This one is my favorite, it will let you pick it up. It with climb in my lap and it has perched on my shoulder. It let me pet it, this is my ideal chicken so far.
If you allow shoulder perching, make sure you wear wrap-around safety glasses. They can peck your eyes without warning, and folks have lost sight that way. Eyes are just ridiculously attractive, and they don't mean to be mean, but THEY MUST PECK!!! because they are chickens.

In that case, if they sourced them from Hoovers (like they do where I live), Amber could be your golden comet, and the others could be Starlight Green Eggers and/or possibly olive eggers. No Prairie Bluebell Eggers that I see.
Amber is the one I picked out personally from the variety colored egg layers. I got 2 golden comets and a leg horn then my daughter picked the bantam my son picked one that I couldn't tell apart from the others (chipmunk pattern) and I picked the solid little amber chick. I think the employee who unloaded the shipment mislabeled them.

If you allow shoulder perching, make sure you wear wrap-around safety glasses. They can peck your eyes without warning, and folks have lost sight that way. Eyes are just ridiculously attractive, and they don't mean to be mean, but THEY MUST PECK!!! because they are chickens.
I don't actually allow it, it just happened and I gently shooed it down. I'm not super comfortable with a chicken butt near my face.

Amber is the one I picked out personally from the variety colored egg layers. I got 2 golden comets and a leg horn then my daughter picked the bantam my son picked one that I couldn't tell apart from the others (chipmunk pattern) and I picked the solid little amber chick. I think the employee who unloaded the shipment mislabeled them.
In that case, Amber could be a starlight green egger too - on a closer look she does have some lacing. My red sexlinks (ISA Brown and golden comet) look very, very similar to some of my SGEs. The proof will be in the eggs. Post back if you can once they lay, now I'm curious what you have!

Back
Top Bottom