THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

That's so great to hear Leah. Now just waiting on kattington. And petrel I will. Went in a little bit ago and they were all cheeping up a storm.

Now I have to post a question of "ID this chick." Haha. I have three black ones and one of them is my mystery "meal maker" chick. I ordered 2 barred rocks, so 2/3 are barred rocks. One I am confident of ID as a barred rock, but the other two are a bit confusing. One of the two has a white spot, but a lot of white on its face and looks different. The other one has no white spot on its head and is quite dark, but has a white chest.

Chick 1: Barred Rock?

Chick 2: Barred Rock? Or mystery chick?

I guess I'll have to wait until they grow...

For my shipment to Denver, (I live in Nebraska) I called the consumer Affairs there. At the post office she was helpful in letting me know every city has at least one post office that you can do General Delivery, please hold and contact customer. When doing to a major airhub, really they will most likely be there in 24 hours. It is when they have to begin sorting out to go to smaller towns, especially across state. So with me, Omaha is the closet air hub for delivery on a normal basis to All of Nebraska, the western part of Iowa and some of the north eastern part of Kansas, to get to me required two transfers on a truck. Fed Ex can help you with letting you know what city they would fly into in your area out of either of their sorting centers. From there contact the main post office in that city. Ask them first if the USPS sort center directly from the airport has a retail postal center, if so ask if they will do the generally delivery for you. If not ask which post office in your area has the general delivery. Go prepared with plenty of ID. If there is a problem ask for the number for Consumer Affairs in that district and call them! Both Omaha and Denver Consumer affairs were wonderful and trust me they dont want people calling saying their baby chicks passed in shipping...all of them! So tell them why you want it handled this way, tell them you know it can be an issue. Even if weather isnt hot, if you can do the drive...you can cut your chicks time in shipment by 24 hours or more. 4 hours after they arrived in Denver I was there with a travel brooder out of a tub, with water. It would have been the next day to get to me from Denver to, even if they were handled with care. Fed Ex seems to do a wonderful job. And for the post office...it is against postal regulations for the drivers to put them in the air conditioned/or heated cab in winter. The ones that do only do it because their heart tells them to. On my shipment day even if my driver had wanted to, there was an entire rolling shelf unit of chicks in boxes and he couldnt have. They all had to have passed with in about 30 min. Sad sad sad

Chick 2 kind of looks like the one I have that I believe is an Australorp. Could be wrong though I'm not so good with Figuring that stuff out. Petrel it's was nice having you a part of this hope you can figure out your situation soon. Newchickey I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience.

Chick 2 kind of looks like the one I have that I believe is an Australorp. Could be wrong though I'm not so good with Figuring that stuff out. Petrel it's was nice having you a part of this hope you can figure out your situation soon. Newchickey I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience.

I definitely think Chick 2 is an Australorp.

We were supposed to get 2 Barred Rocks, but I am thinking chick #1 doesn't look exactly like a BR. She looks different than my obvious BR...

Here's a pic of the one that I am confident is a barred rock:

No chicks for me today. :( I dragged 3 kids to the PO at 3:45, and the lady working there acted like I was crazy. She said the chick packages only come first thing in the morning. I told her that they were sent 1 day Priority Express and tracking said it would be there at noon today (though it hasn't been scanned since last night), but she just kept saying no, no, no. It hope they are okay.

No chicks for me today. :( I dragged 3 kids to the PO at 3:45, and the lady working there acted like I was crazy. She said the chick packages only come first thing in the morning. I told her that they were sent 1 day Priority Express and tracking said it would be there at noon today (though it hasn't been scanned since last night), but she just kept saying no, no, no. It hope they are okay.
Where are you at? How far away is your nearest large city? What Hatchery?

Back
Top Bottom